Kraton How much grease to put back in front diff plastic housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattyIce 79

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey again fam,

First of all, I just wanted you guys to know I tried to search this through the arrma forum but could not get any results so I don’t have to keep posting these questions that most of you guys know without even thinking about it.

Anyway, on my front differential repair, how much grease should I put back in the plastic housing that seats the differential? And what kind of grease is the best to use? Thanks in advance guys
79416F07-5F93-4353-B5F1-2D109DE2A39F.jpeg

I use marine grease, anything will work.. I use enough to fill every tooth of the ring gear then seal it up... I also inspect my rigs often and replace the grease with every inspection...

Don’t fill it with grease. Just give everything a good coat. It will spin off the excess. Some here use grease to seal the dirt out too. If you run in fine dirt or sand, use some thicker grease like Red and Tacky to seal the dirt out.

The grease in the case is just to cover the ring gear and pinion to help reduce friction. Silicone, marine and just about any all purpose grease will do the trick. Like @Camaroboy383, I try to cover the teeth of the ring gear only. This way, when servicing the difs, less mess to clean up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back