Senton How much kV for Senton 3s BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
My BLX 3660 motor locked up today, probably because of the bearing on the slipper clutch being broken without me noticing.

My LHS has Hobbywing, so that will be my go-to brand.
If I'm not mistaken the Max8 is a solid ESC.
This ESC comes as a combo with either a 2200kV or 2600kV motor.

Since I'm pretty green regarding electronics I haven't a clue what the difference will be when driving, especially since the stock motor has 3200 kV.

Can anyone explain what the difference is, and which motor would be the best choice?

Also, do I need to change anything else, like pinion or so?

Kv is RPMs per volt applied. So with a 3S pack and a 3200kv motor, you will get about 40,000 RPMs. If you get a 2400kv motor with that same 3S pack, you will only get 30,000 RPMs. So it will be slower.

Good news is that you could get that 2400kv combo and step up to 4S instead. But some don’t want to invest in new packs in addition to a new motor.

So if you want to go 4S, go with the 2400kv. If you want to stay 3S, look for a 3000-3500kv motor.

You might want to check the 1st post on this thread if you want the apples to apples comparison of the arrma blx escs vs. the base hobbywing versions of them:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/esc-rebrand-conversion-guide.9960/

Essentially the stock blx100 (2-3s) is a Max10 with limited programming. The Max8 you mentioned is indeed solid but note it's rated for 3-6s, so fyi incase you were still wanting to run 2s packs.

As far as motor kv apples to apples just as Jon said:
kv = motor rpm per volt
(battery voltage) x (motor kv) = motor rpm

If you're wondering what the benefit is of running 4s+2400kv motor vs 3s+3200kv when the motor rpms calculate out to be the same... basically the 4s+2400kv will have more torque/pull harder and will reach peak speed faster than the 3s+3200kv (assuming same pinion on both).

Hopefully that helps you to understand why there is a difference when between smaller sized motors with higher kv ratings vs larger sized motors with less kv.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back