Kraton How much oil for rear diff?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert Toad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I recently had to replace a rear A arm, so cleaned out the rear diff. Should it be mostly filled with oil? Seemed like just a bit of heavy greasy when I pulled it apart but was also pretty dirty so I assume the old oil had come out.

Thanks!

As you assemble the internals a dab of cst will help hold the o ring around the input haft while to set the bearing if your are shinning the diff use the shim to hold the o ring. Set your first set of spiders gears if shinning ad a shim to the left and not the right so you will have 2 shims on the left and 1 on the right. Then add more cst doing the same thing with the shim this timebputting 2 on the right 1 on the left. Fill the diff close to the top spin the input for the dog bone. Then let sit until ait bubbles are all at the top. I recommend the losi diff seal kit way better then the factory 1 I have the part number. Place 1 shim on the back side of the crown gear. Then close hop the diff. When installng the diff place a shim on both sides of the bearings on the outside. Tip a drop of cst will help stick the shim to the bearing install the diff then push it to the left if you have slop pull it back out and continue to add shims to the left side till there is only a little movement between the 43t spiral in your front diff and the input gear. Hope this helps if you have any questions or need help send me a message I have all of the new model arrma so I have torn apart and modified them all so I can help with what ever issue ur having.

You definitely want to ensure you have enough diff fluid, as it will heat up and gears will wear out quite quickly, especially if level is way too low. However, on the flip side, if you overfill your diff, it will eventually leak. When servicing or shimming, it is very important to fill diff fluid level properly. I've heard to begin by filling the diff half way and then rotate the diff gears to be sure fluid goes inside the gears. When fluid has made its way into the spider gears, fill the diff until the fluid reaches about 1mm of the top. Also let the diff sit upright for a bit (diff cup side down), just to ensure all the oil has settled into the gears, etc, before installing the larger external crown gear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back