Senton How much runtime would I get on a 5000mah 50c 2s lipo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PadawanPerry

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
New to the forum! Had a quick question about runtime I have the Senton BLX 4x4 need to order some new batteries but want to start out with 2s? How much runtime would I get on a 5000mah 50c 2s lipo? And what about when I make the upgrade to 3s? Thanks again!

The number of cells (2S vs 3S) doesn't factor in run time. It is a speed difference. Your motor spins 3200 RPMs for each volt of power applied. So when you run 2S, it is 3200kv x 8.4v = 26880 RPM. When you run on 3S, it is 3200kv x 12.6v = 40320 RPM.

What factors in run time is the MAH rating. Either of the 5000mah packs should net you about 15mins of run time, which is perfect. If you need more, buy more packs. Bigger MAH packs will be heavy and affect handling. You will be more likely to overheat your electronics on a larger pack due to not taking a break to swap batteries as often. This will shorten the life of the electronics.

The number of cells (2S vs 3S) doesn't factor in run time. It is a speed difference. Your motor spins 3200 RPMs for each volt of power applied. So when you run 2S, it is 3200kv x 8.4v = 26880 RPM. When you run on 3S, it is 3200kv x 12.6v = 40320 RPM.

What factors in run time is the MAH rating. Either of the 5000mah packs should net you about 15mins of run time, which is perfect. If you need more, buy more packs. Bigger MAH packs will be heavy and affect handling. You will be more likely to overheat your electronics on a larger pack due to not taking a break to swap batteries as often. This will shorten the life of the electronics.
Awesome thanks for the information, how long between runs do you let your stuff cool before putting in another pack?

depends on a few things - were you running full throttle the entire time, through thick grass, etc. -a temp gun is your friend here -I just let it cool down by about half of what it was when battery died- not a perfect science but just what I do - you might need the time to make repairs, adjust a ramp, ect. doesn't take long to cool under normal circumstances -enjoy!

Awesome thanks for the information, how long between runs do you let your stuff cool before putting in another pack?
depends on a few things - were you running full throttle the entire time, through thick grass, etc. -a temp gun is your friend here -I just let it cool down by about half of what it was when battery died- not a perfect science but just what I do - you might need the time to make repairs, adjust a ramp, ect. doesn't take long to cool under normal circumstances -enjoy!
Pretty much what he said. It all depends on a lot of factors. If you’re doing long runs of wide open throttle, it’s going to heat up a lot more. So take a break of 5-10 for that type of use. But if you’re just putting around using blips of throttle now and then, you can go back to back packs without a break. The time it takes to swap packs is enough.

Take into account the ambient temp you’re in as well. If it’s 100+ F outside, you’ll need longer breaks. If it’s 0F outside you can run back to back speed runs, if you can get traction. ?

Agree with @jondilly1974, bigger mah packs will weight more and generate more heat on extended run, 5000 mah is perfect medium.

8-15 minutes on grass with a lot of full throttle passes.

40 minutes on the other hand, on the small improvised hard pack track I go with my kids to. traction is so low you can barely get to half throttle.

New to the forum! Had a quick question about runtime I have the Senton BLX 4x4 need to order some new batteries but want to start out with 2s? How much runtime would I get on a 5000mah 50c 2s lipo? And what about when I make the upgrade to 3s? Thanks again!
Honestly, If your truck can run 3s packs then just buy the 3s batteries. They're not that much more money and once you switch to 3s packs you'll never want to use the 2s packs ever again. I have one 2s pack and its a specific racing shorty pack for my Tekno race buggy. If the buggy motor and esc could handle 3s safely I would have gotten the 3s for sure.

I just bought 5400mha 3s 50c and 5200mha 50c I can't get more than 5-7min out of it, balanced charged all batteries and same ... any suggestions for Senton 3s .. so far not impressive quality... 3 tires unglued, broke real a arm

Depending on how hard I beat on it, I get anywhere from ~20 minutes to ~40 minutes. My Senton is the 4x4 Mega with a brushed motor. All I did was move the jumper on the ESC so I could use the 2S, 5AHr batteries from my on-road car.

I just bought 5400mha 3s 50c and 5200mha 50c I can't get more than 5-7min out of it, balanced charged all batteries and same ... any suggestions for Senton 3s .. so far not impressive quality... 3 tires unglued, broke real a arm
That sounds too low of run time. Are you sure you didn't have charger in storage mode?

I could get around 40 min out of my 5000mah 4s battery, a couple of full throttle runs, a lot of stop start stuff doing wheelies and drifts around a small grassy/tarmac place

What are your cell voltages before and after your runs. This is critical info to determine where the issues are.

Fully charged and balanced
venom balance charger, charge on 4 amp 11.7V each cell was even

This is new with only 3 runs.

before run all fully charged after 7 min car slows way down, checked after battery showed 3.7 v per cell which is almost full??

Last edited:
Fully charged and balanced

before run all fully charged after 7 min car slows way down, checked after battery showed 3.7 v per cell which is almost full??
11.7v is not a full charge. You should be seeing 12.6v total, or 4.20v per cell. Also 3.7v is under half full. 3.4v per cell is your safe limit.

I have the same 5000mah 3s batteries. I run 30 to 40 minunets if I don't bash it. Run it on the mid range setting on the TX. You will get longer run times. My truck is modded with a 13T pinion gear on a 12mm hub 2.8 tires size and a lifted body mount i made, runs 45mph which is slower than stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back