How much servo torque do you guys recommend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They can be hard to find US shipping.

I bought from this ebay seller and they arrived 3 days late during holiday season. Not mad.
After I contracted them, they credited me $5. I gave em a 5* review and ignored the shipping question. All good.
Anyway, if you need 7346MG I got mine in 12 days from "Kentucky" to South Louisiana:rolleyes: from raisings_50 and at about $52ea.

Hi @joostin420. I was just checking out the JX 6221. It doesn't state whether it's waterproof or not. Has it given you any problems in damp conditions?

Don’t think it’s waterproof. I don’t run in damp conditions though - too ocd and keep my things like new :geek:

Don’t think it’s waterproof. I don’t run in damp conditions though - too ocd and keep my things like new :geek:
I live in Toronto and unfortunately, damp is a fact of life. Don't plan on running it on a pond or the like, but 6 months of snow and rain means getting wet is unavoidable. Thanks for the heads up.

I run the savox sw 1210sg in all my 1/8scale Arrma rigs and most of my 10th scales. Never have issues with them.
I have the 1210sg in my Slash. More than one member here, run the JX servos in their 1/8's. Just something new to consider.

That lol servo gives me all I need for bashing tbh. I do appreciate the suggestion though, I will have to at least try it and see if I like or prefer that over my sw1210's

Hi @joostin420. I was just checking out the JX 6221. It doesn't state whether it's waterproof or not. Has it given you any problems in damp conditions?
It is not waterproof, but waterproofing a servo is pretty easy.
You will need -

1. Open the case of the servo by removing the 4 Phillips screws in the bottom of the case.
  2. Coat the circuit board in the conformal coating, then allow to dry. If you have a black light this stuff is UV reactive so you can see if you missed a spot.
  3. Put circuit board back in the case, you can put some marine grease in with it for some extra assurance.
  4. Coat the gears in marine grease and reassemble the case.
  5. Done.
You can also use the conformal coating for receivers.

Last edited:
Ah, I forgot you were running the max5's in you rigs. Wonder if I can get away with running that servo with the stock system

Ah, I forgot you were running the max5's in you rigs. Wonder if I can get away with running that servo with the stock system
I don't see why not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back