How not to mail a lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, and some companies are still equipping 6s rated rigs with them!?.. I'll admit, I was a hold out until about 2 years ago. I was being lazy, didn't want to convert everything over. XT90'S were my choice, not claiming anything great about them but they are super easy to solder and source..no regerts.
I wonder how different (for electrical resistance) Deans are from Traxxas connectors.

I was using Anderson Powerpoles on my 6S helis. I plan to change my truck from Traxxas connectors, and will change my batteries as well, to XT-90S (the anti spark style). Hoping I will see a performance benefit, especially since I'm currently also using a Powerpoles->Traxxas adapter cable that I made.

This was a scary looking battery, I'm just glad it is safely outside! Hopefully the crackling you were hearing was the glue and plastic bulging, rather than electrical crackling. Who forgets there's a LiPo in the car??

Hopefully the crackling you were hearing was the glue and plastic bulging, rather than electrical crackling. Who forgets there's a LiPo in the car??
I think you might be correct. The noises were cracking plastic, stretching tape and glue yielding from expansion rather than electrical energy or combustion.

There was a lot of pressure in that battery compartment. I had trouble removing the pin that retains the battery lid and as soon as I got the pin out the battery started to expand farther.

It's been in salty water overnight with stabbed holes in it so it should be safe now.
On the plus side, usually in situations where the connector was left plugged in they are 100% depleted. I would be more worried if it looked like that and was unplugged. Likely that means it was left in there fully charged :oops:.
My thinking also.

I understand, and agree..we need a new phrase..🤔

Yep, and some companies are still equipping 6s rated rigs with them!?.. I'll admit, I was a hold out until about 2 years ago. I was being lazy, didn't want to convert everything over. XT90'S were my choice, not claiming anything great about them but they are super easy to solder and source..no regerts.
Not even one letter?

This thread just shows that some people should not be allowed to reproduce.
I wonder how different (for electrical resistance) Deans are from Traxxas connectors.

I was using Anderson Powerpoles on my 6S helis. I plan to change my truck from Traxxas connectors, and will change my batteries as well, to XT-90S (the anti spark style). Hoping I will see a performance benefit, especially since I'm currently also using a Powerpoles->Traxxas adapter cable that I made.

This was a scary looking battery, I'm just glad it is safely outside! Hopefully the crackling you were hearing was the glue and plastic bulging, rather than electrical crackling. Who forgets there's a LiPo in the car??

Irrc Traxxas connectors are rated for more amperage than Deans, hell I'm almost positive Xt60 connectors are as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back