How not to mail a lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
This was mailed to me like this and has been sitting in a cardboard box in my house for 3 days. It was still connected and does not have an on/off switch. 🤦‍♂️😡

It's still popping and cracking as I type this. It's outside and I'm waiting for it to burst into flames.

The ad didn't even mention it having a battery.

20230202_142757.jpg

20230202_142948.jpg

20230202_143004.jpg

20230202_143022.jpg

1675319938829231791236679815093.jpg

Last edited:
I just stabbed a screwdriver through it a few times and it didn't burn up or smoke so it must be completely depleted. I'll put it in some water for a few days just to be safe.

Wow! Popcorn's done!!
Glad you didn't have an accident!!
Common sense isn't common enough..
Once you arrive at the point where you're surprised anytime you witness someone actually apply common sense to their actions, it's clear that whatever that was is no longer common and, despite how I may feel about all the words that have been redefined in recent years, a renaming was in order. But this is different. I'm not taking a word in common parlance and redefining it with malicious intent, I'm just saying that one thing no longer exists in the form that we all knew so the thing that it morphed into needs a new name. I never did settle on anything because I just wasn't ever able to find something that fit quite as satisfyingly as common sense did. Uncommon sense feels a little clumsy, rare sense sounds a bit too much like rare scents and "what we used to call common sense" is just unwieldy.

Looks like a failed magician's disappearing r/c trick didn't arrive with the ... flash ... they had hoped.

Right ... sooo ... just another lesson in why batteries, particularly LiPo's should be cared for properly and never left plugged in. Bet the seller will claim they forgot the battery was in there.

Bet the seller will claim they forgot the battery was in there.
I'd bet too. I haven't left feedback yet. The car was as described apart from the battery. I very rarely leave negative feedback and I probably won't but I may send him a message.

And believe it or not, this is not the first time this has happened to me.
I am in shock that deans connectors still exist and how often we still see them.
The car is about 10 years old

Once you arrive at the point where you're surprised anytime you witness someone actually apply common sense to their actions, it's clear that whatever that was is no longer common and, despite how I may feel about all the words that have been redefined in recent years, a renaming was in order. But this is different. I'm not taking a word in common parlance and redefining it with malicious intent, I'm just saying that one thing no longer exists in the form that we all knew so the thing that it morphed into needs a new name. I never did settle on anything because I just wasn't ever able to find something that fit quite as satisfyingly as common sense did. Uncommon sense feels a little clumsy, rare sense sounds a bit too much like rare scents and "what we used to call common sense" is just unwieldy.
I understand, and agree..we need a new phrase..🤔
I am in shock that deans connectors still exist and how often we still see them.
Yep, and some companies are still equipping 6s rated rigs with them!?.. I'll admit, I was a hold out until about 2 years ago. I was being lazy, didn't want to convert everything over. XT90'S were my choice, not claiming anything great about them but they are super easy to solder and source..no regerts.

Last edited:
I'd bet too. I haven't left feedback yet. The car was as described apart from the battery. I very rarely leave negative feedback and I probably won't but I may send him a message.
Never hurts to send a message, you would be surprised how many folks have no idea what to do with "lipo" batteries..

Unless you are willing to get serious about the hobby I always recommend NiMH.

On the plus side, usually in situations where the connector was left plugged in they are 100% depleted. I would be more worried if it looked like that and was unplugged. Likely that means it was left in there fully charged :oops:.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back