How not to treat Lipo's....😩

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 6s, Kraton 4s, Outcast 6s, Outcast 4s
Smash it flat, slap on a band aid, good to go!

sadlerbw

Reaction score
Well, it doesn’t appear to be on fire, so I guess it hasn’t shorted out internally. I’d leave it as-is if it still fits in your truck (or what is left of it...I saw your other thread!) straightening it out just seems like another chance at causing a short!

Peeeenuuutt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Senton
Put it on a workbench with a fire extinguisher nearby and wear some gloves, straighten it out. Looks fine

CofNailz

ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Notorious
Try nailing it back together. That should hold.

Wow, I didn't even see your post. I'm lit, don't mind me.
Umm, easy. Just use a nail to hold the cells together. Works a charm. :p

Last edited:

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Kraton 6s, Kraton 4s, Outcast 6s, Outcast 4s
Anyone else have their lipos do the good old eject seat? I’ve had a few nasty ones go flying and smash into a curb.
I think this has happened to more people than not. Lol

sadlerbw

Reaction score
Anyone else have their lipos do the good old eject seat? I’ve had a few nasty ones go flying and smash into a curb.
Haven't had one 'leave the building' yet, but I have had them come loose and end up hanging out the side of the truck or bouncing around under the body. Also noticed one of my 2S packs split the hard case and the cells show a little squishing from whatever impact did the damage. No puffing though, and it still charges and holds voltage as well as it ever did. Time will tell if it is damaged as I plan to keep using it for now.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
A buddy of mine I ran with last year had a v2 talion. His packs seemed to fly more often than the truck. Then again, he wasn't very diligent with his velcro... think he had one strap and it was half torn. Seemed stupid to me to have a $100 bill flying out of the truck so frequently when a $5 piece of velcro would stop the issue.

I've t-boned a skate park beam with my outcast at near full throttle and my packs don't have any damage. Shattered my front bulkhead and sheared bolts off the chassis braces...

Si13nt0n3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Senton
i wanna see the damage on the truck! I found a manhole that split one of my hardcase batteries.