How not to treat Lipo's....?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Just a quick one, will this just buff out..????

IMG_2857.jpg

Smash it flat, slap on a band aid, good to go!

Well, it doesn’t appear to be on fire, so I guess it hasn’t shorted out internally. I’d leave it as-is if it still fits in your truck (or what is left of it...I saw your other thread!) straightening it out just seems like another chance at causing a short!

Put it on a workbench with a fire extinguisher nearby and wear some gloves, straighten it out. Looks fine

And the winner is @Jimbobjr .... Full on frontal impact..?

I do believe one cell is fubar'd it won't register on battery tester..?

I have one that a couple cells slid forward inside the shrink pack but not that bad. Must have been a nasty one.

Anyone else have their lipos do the good old eject seat? I’ve had a few nasty ones go flying and smash into a curb.
I think this has happened to more people than not. Lol

Anyone else have their lipos do the good old eject seat? I’ve had a few nasty ones go flying and smash into a curb.

Haven't had one 'leave the building' yet, but I have had them come loose and end up hanging out the side of the truck or bouncing around under the body. Also noticed one of my 2S packs split the hard case and the cells show a little squishing from whatever impact did the damage. No puffing though, and it still charges and holds voltage as well as it ever did. Time will tell if it is damaged as I plan to keep using it for now.

A buddy of mine I ran with last year had a v2 talion. His packs seemed to fly more often than the truck. Then again, he wasn't very diligent with his velcro... think he had one strap and it was half torn. Seemed stupid to me to have a $100 bill flying out of the truck so frequently when a $5 piece of velcro would stop the issue.

I've t-boned a skate park beam with my outcast at near full throttle and my packs don't have any damage. Shattered my front bulkhead and sheared bolts off the chassis braces...

i wanna see the damage on the truck! I found a manhole that split one of my hardcase batteries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back