How often do you replace bearings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
Maybe I am too meticulous, but I find myself changing hub bearings and center diff bearings often. Whenever I break it down for something, and the bearings feel gritty and not perfectly smooth after I clean them I end up putting in new ones. Bearings are cheap, so it does not bother me, but wondering if anyone else does this?

Depends how hard you bash or speed run
I did my bearings one time in a yr 😂 all bearings was good except steering rack ones was rusted BUT in that yr I did clean thoroughly and use air compressor to clean my rig after every run and used BEARING OIL constantly so yeah maybe 2x a yr for me know that I got hard in speed run/ street bash

I'm the same, get rubber sealed bearings off amazon pretty cheap. Whenever the bearings seem sub par I just replace them.

When they start spinning like poop. I had a weird case on my rear right mojave hub. If i tighten the screw that holds the pin the whole thing would start binding like a seized bearing. I had to use my dremel and sand down where the front bearing was sitting. The tool i used was bassicly a rod but the end was sand paper like texture giving me a 90 degre angle. Took me a a few tries until i finally got the binding gone

I do buy good ones and check them often....if we use the wheels I will open them up and put them in my diff blaster and lube then close or put the rings back on. The spins fast and clean after that. Only do that a few times then replace....

I change them out when they feel gritty. I swap in new ones and recycle the old ones. I prefer to clean in bulk and not 1 by 1.
I sort out the hopeless ones i.e. still not 100% after an initial clean.
I do have the bearing blaster above as well but stopped using it on a regular basis, just takes too much cleaner to get them clean, cheaper to buy new ones. I do use it on occasions.

I change them out when they feel gritty. I swap in new ones and recycle the old ones. I prefer to clean in bulk and not 1 by 1.
I sort out the hopeless ones i.e. still not 100% after an initial clean.
I do have the bearing blaster above as well but stopped using it on a regular basis, just takes too much cleaner to get them clean, cheaper to buy new ones. I do use it on occasions.
I find it better to just hold the dang bearings and spray the cleaner through them. I have a BB but I think Ive used it about 7 times lol

Even sealed bearings can get crap in them to cause them to act up. You can remove the seals, clean with a degreaser, then repack and reseal. Or just buy new. Usually the spindle bearings take the worst hit, so I check them after a few runs, and before letting the car sit for very long. I try to put my cars away as I found them. Pretty anal about that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back