How or can i get this paint off??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*420+3RC*

420+3RC
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Painted the wheels. Then hit 3 coats of cleat coat. Now I'm sick of the red and want it off. But not sure best way with out taking tire glue off also. Any ideas or solutions are welcome

16401562751437611982906027591508.jpg

I've successfully used a product called Citristrip to remove spray paint from plastic. Nylon mostly. No I'll effects on the plastic. Glob it on, go watch TV, rinse it off.

This was about 3yrs ago. I have absolutely no clue if their formula has changes, but it definitely worked.

Last edited:
White spirit (turpentine) or if you used waterbased paint just water.
A toothbrush, tooth pick and white spirit worked for me in the past. Use toothbrush with white spirit first to get the pain moist, then use tooth pick to try to scrap off as much clear coat and paint. You’ll probably need to repeat this a couple of times to remove all the paint in all the little gaps of the wheels.

I've successfully used a product called Citristrip to remove spray paint from plastic. Nylon mostly. No I'll effects on the plastic. Glob it on, go watch TV, rinse it off.

This was about 3yrs ago. I have absolutely no clue if their formula has changes, but it definitely worked.
Awesome. I'll check and see. Sounds easiest with less worry of tire glue loss
White spirit (turpentine) or if you used waterbased paint just water.
A toothbrush, tooth pick and white spirit worked for me in the past. Use toothbrush with white spirit first to get the pain moist, then use tooth pick to try to scrap off as much clear coat and paint. You’ll probably need to repeat this a couple of times to remove all the paint in all the little gaps of the wheels.
Be a great reason for some moonshine. Still prob eat glue if its good lol.
Could just give it a quick sand and paint over it....or no sanding needed and just paint...?
If it must come off maybe some qtips and nail polish remover.. acetone?
Kinda feel I'll end up here ☝. Trying to light sand and repaint. I'm going back to Black/silver(chrome when possible) paint scheme. Still needs some work.
20211221_135416.jpg

I know you said you're over the red but it does look good!
Black and silver would be badass too!
Yea I'm gonna take it out tom hopefully. Haven't since ive left home. See if I like how it looks moving. But would really like to just get a set of chrome wheels. These are the only set I have now. Had to sell my stocks and katars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back