How organized are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grihn

It's small, but it's fierce!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Infraction
  4. Outcast 4s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Vendetta
  8. Vorteks
  9. Voltage
How well organized to you keep your tools? I finally have a dedicated spot to work on my hobbies. My actual garage has always been well organized, but since my hobby space has always been "wherever there's room," my tools were always just thrown into a tool bag and it drove me nuts. With my new workspace, I've finally achieved some organization! Picked up this cheap tool box at Wally World...it's perfect for the hobby spot.

20220127_134300.jpg
20220127_133921.jpg
20220127_133917.jpg
20220127_133929.jpg
20220127_133935.jpg
20220127_133940.jpg
20220127_133948.jpg

Yo let me get one of those reefs!!
How well organized to you keep your tools? I finally have a dedicated spot to work on my hobbies. My actual garage has always been well organized, but since my hobby space has always been "wherever there's room," my tools were always just thrown into a tool bag and it drove me nuts. With my new workspace, I've finally achieved some organization! Picked up this cheap tool box at Wally World...it's perfect for the hobby spot.

View attachment 195739View attachment 195737View attachment 195738View attachment 195736View attachment 195735View attachment 195734View attachment 195733

Pretty organized. I don't have a dedicated R/C toolbox or work area, only a general purpose workbench and all my tools in a tool chest, cabinet and set of drawers. R/C specific stuff is in separate bins, drawers and a tackle box I use as a field box to carry along some tools and parts. All of it fits on shelves in the corner.

Not me, I have two huge bins with things all over, countless totes with randomness. I need to tear it down and probably start organizing everything... but I've been depressed lately. So it's easier to just throw it in bins.
Be strong brother!

We have 3 boys 5, 4 and 1. Everything we own is in bins. I feel you.

You might say I have a well organized MESS at times. During projects. Other times I can spend days making everything in it's proper place. Only to regret starting that next build or project. Because it becomes another well organized mess again. I Know exactly where everything is, but it looks like a hurricane passed through. I have 3 SS rollaways/chests for my auto stuff at one end and RC stuff at another. Stacked plastic Bins become a crutch for sure. Because they need to be reorganized over and over as well. Or you lose stuff, buying again, when you can't find something you know you have somewhere, but searching for days gets fruitless.:)

Be strong brother!

We have 3 boys 5, 4 and 1. Everything we own is in bins. I feel you.
Definitely, I feel ya. I've got a 3 year old daughter that can be a handful at times. But wouldn't have it any other way. I just need to finish up some of these bodies and start organizing things.

My garage is a massive mess.
The problem is I have wood working tools, automotive air tools, jacks, jack stands, motor stand, hand tools, bodywork tools, painting tools, lots of paint rattle can and HVLP base / clear, air compressor, big shop vac, welding tools and lots of metal parts, RC tools and spare parts, skateboards, bikes, scooters, kites, nerf guns, water guns, 4 of the 1/7 scale rc body molds, 200+ project body mold, original plug for that one also, 42" rc boat, 4 RC cars in the garage, carbon fiber materials( fabrics, resins, release agents, pva), vacuum bagging materials and compressor, fiberglass materials (fabrics and resins), vacuum forming tables, 4 quartz heaters for the vacuum forming, home remodeling tools, bug/pest sprayer, lawn weed sprayer, lawn fertilizer spreader, ladders, home baseboard trim, and other boards worth keeping due to lumber costs.

It is just a ton to cram into a 2 car garage. Thus I have the dream of getting a 3 car garage + stand alone shop building one day....

I am pretty sure I could fill the largest U-haul with just my garage contents.

Honestly, I need a freaking Barn house. I have so much that I spread them to some of my friends. I even hated to part with my bench grinder. No room. And my friend uses it more anyway. So I end up driving over there to use my grinder. I also have a single car gargage I rent that is not efficiently close by. Storing an old Caddy there as well. Many more ramps and jacks there. I could easily fill a 4 car garage. I need to trim down a bit. But I actually use everything. I never like getting rid of tools. Tools should be forever. Some things you don't buy twice. Becomes silly.

Yeah, my garage, my hobby space/office, and my shops at the farm are a night-and-day difference from the parts of the house that the wife and kids use.

Honestly, I need a freaking Barn house. I have so much that I spread them to some of my friends. I even hated to part with my bench grinder. No room. And my friend uses it more anyway. So I end up driving over there to use my grinder. I also have a single car gargage I rent that is not efficiently close by. Storing an old Caddy there as well. Many more ramps and jacks there. I could easily fill a 4 car garage. I need to trim down a bit. But I actually use everything.
I can actually see everything you just said. :ROFLMAO:

With my RC stuff, the only consuming space is from the many rigs themselves. RC Tools and bins are way less than my other stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back