How organized are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I need a freaking Barn house. I have so much that I spread them to some of my friends. I even hated to part with my bench grinder. No room. And my friend uses it more anyway. So I end up driving over there to use my grinder. I also have a single car gargage I rent that is not efficiently close by. Storing an old Caddy there as well. Many more ramps and jacks there. I could easily fill a 4 car garage. I need to trim down a bit. But I actually use everything. I never like getting rid of tools. Tools should be forever. Some things you don't buy twice. Becomes silly.

Agreed,
My wife always asks me what I can get rid of.
The response is always the same.... nothing I use all of this stuff.

Dam, mine keeps saying the exact same to me. No lie.
I tell her you buy tools once. Sorry, they are here to stay.
I tell her, would you like to start paying for your own car repairs.????
Then don't argue with me.:LOL:

Not very. "Proof"

20220127_175353.jpg

20220127_175510.jpg

Sadly not, RC stuff all over the house. 😫

@grihn, here's a tip for you that you may be glad to be able to recall sometime in the future. Magnets are awesome, but sometimes magnetized tools are a PITA. This is the basic principle behind demagnetizers, so they can be made a number of ways:

FWKV76CI3H5OP4U.jpg

@grihn, here's a tip for you that you may be glad to be able to recall sometime in the future. Magnets are awesome, but sometimes magnetized tools are a PITA. This is the basic principle behind demagnetizers, so they can be made a number of ways:

FWKV76CI3H5OP4U.jpg
I have a magnatizer/demagnatizer in my garage that I build from a microwave magnatron. However, none of my hobby tools are magnatized.

I have a magnatizer/demagnatizer in my garage that I build from a microwave magnatron. However, none of my hobby tools are magnatized.
Not yet, but they will be 😉. Magnets are handy for storing tools until the day that a magnetized tool makes a job harder. Sounds like you are prepped for the coming pole reversal and spontaneous tool magnetization event when (not if) it comes.

Not yet, but they will be 😉. Magnets are handy for storing tools until the day that a magnetized tool makes a job harder. Sounds like you are prepped for the coming pole reversal and spontaneous tool magnetization event when (not if) it comes.
I guess I'm not sure where you're assuming they're being stored on a magnet. If you're talking about the magnet on the lid and the one on the side, the one on the lid holds my box knife, and the one on the side holds a steel ruler, and neither of them are anywhere near close enough to cause my drivers to become magnetized.....

Last edited:
How well organized to you keep your tools? I finally have a dedicated spot to work on my hobbies. My actual garage has always been well organized, but since my hobby space has always been "wherever there's room," my tools were always just thrown into a tool bag and it drove me nuts. With my new workspace, I've finally achieved some organization! Picked up this cheap tool box at Wally World...it's perfect for the hobby spot.

View attachment 195739View attachment 195737View attachment 195738View attachment 195736View attachment 195735View attachment 195734View attachment 195733
Organized and stocked up - nice brother 🤙 🤙

My 2 car garage is divided 1/2 for household stuff and 1/2 workshop. Between Chrstmas and Halloween alone my wife has about 45 storage bins not to mention all the other stuff xmas trees, coolers, dishes, overflow household storage. When it comes to the workshop half I have to deal with tool boxes, shop press, air compressors,all my metalfab stuff welder,vise stand, drill press,bead roller, tube bender, flat stock bender, chop saw, bandsaw, etc it is CRAMPED. I basically have to pull 1 tool out at a time when working on a big project. New shelving system is in the works that shoul free up floor space for dedicated rc bench.

20211211_145825.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back