Senton How should I keep the inside of my senton clean.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my first with my brand new senton 6s blx I was driving it through sand and dirt, it filled the inside and made it filthy, my mom would not even let me inside with it.
Lmao... just clean it like any other rc. Also I’d buy a dusty motors cover.

You can use a cheap electric air mattress pump not as good as a air compressor but will still do the job.

Attachments

• 20181214_003301.jpg
    20181214_003301.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 114
Dusty Motors Cover

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    429.7 KB · Views: 87
  • AA115BFB-B424-4A03-8B1B-7848B3A05CE6.jpeg
    AA115BFB-B424-4A03-8B1B-7848B3A05CE6.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 84
Lmao... just clean it like any other rc. Also I’d buy a dusty motors cover.
I have been using Dusty motors covers on several of my bashers (4), depending where I am bashing. And not always.
This is what I learned:

-Depending on ambient temps where you are, your electrics will run hotter. Using a motor fan or not. I use my temp gun initially after about 5 minutes. If my motor temps are above 150 F. I "will" absolutely remove it for the rest of my runs that day. Otherwise leaving it installed.
-The main reason I got the cover was to insure small rocks or pebbles don't destroy my steel spur and pinion. Happened many times to me depending where you bash.
-The cover will allow fine dust to accumulate anyway in dirt conditions.
-If in deep grass with Dew , it will keep the heavy crud out. But moisture will penetrate through the fine mesh of the cover. The mesh has a 50% air penetration. Hence, it does keep some heat and water inside the chassis.
- It can be a nuisance at times when changing out lipos. removing and reinstalling etc.
- Make sure the cover you get is very close in size to the size chassis of your rig. They have specific sizing for rigs as well as small med. and large and a few in-between sizes. You need to cover front bulkhead to the rear bulkhead and side to side or dirt and muck will still get all over. It should be very loose and puffed upward at top for air circulation.
-trial fit and measure the cover many times before you place the Velcro on the side of the chassis.
-Hot Racing also makes a cover. Don't know much about them though. I believe they are a few dollars less. With limited sizes.
- The Dusty motors covers usually come with a zipper down the middle for quick access. Looks great. Seems functional. But you will learn that it is useless for battery access. Just pull the Velcro off the battery tray side to remove your Lipos and re-attach the Velcro again.
The zipper can be used for a quick look at things and temp gun readings. but that is all.
- The cover is very fine nylon and it will melt very easily if it touches very, very hot componenents. you will get small holes in the mesh.
-Dusty motors is very hard to source here in the USA. T-Bone was a supplier for a while. The still show backorder on their site presently. I spoke with the manager there regarding an order. He said they are more expensive here because they are distributed from the UK in small quantities. These covers are not generally found in all sizes with places like Amain , Horizon, RRP if at all.
Canada RC shops seem to have more of them. But they are more expensive to get from there as well.
-They are great covers with a limited purpose. I use them sporadically from time to time as needed. Not always for the reasons stated above.
-Most bashers never seen them before. But it is an option to play around with if dirt is your enemy. With me, Destroyed Diffs and Spurs made me try them out. They average about $35-$45 each. Kind of expensive for the net return. If you can find them at all in your specific size.
Enjoy

On my first with my brand new senton 6s blx I was driving it through sand and dirt, it filled the inside and made it filthy, my mom would not even let me inside with it.
I put a piece of screen on mine, keeps most of the big stuff out

Attachments

• DSC_0193.JPG
    DSC_0193.JPG
    556.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0192.JPG
    DSC_0192.JPG
    297.5 KB · Views: 94
I put a piece of screen on mine, keeps most of the big stuff out
My AE SC 4x4 is always a filthy mess. The wheels are enclosed. So they are dirt collectors. That's why I usually run it on pavement or track. Just the nature of the beast. To me a SC is different because it is more to scale. But it can and has collected more than a few pounds of dirt. I'm constanty shaking out that dead weight during runs in dirt. I was using the Dusty Motors cover, and that rig runs hot in general without a cover even when ambient temp are below 50 deg F. So I don't use the cover anymore.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back