Typhon How strong are the stock Typhon mega driveshafts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FireDrake001

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
I have a new Typhon mega and am upgrading to the vxl 4s system. Will the driveshafts commit suicide? Should I invest in any parts for durability?

Blasphemous i say!!
What is? People are always saying the vxl systems are bad but they really aren't. They are simpler and get a bad rep because of it. I happened to have these extra parts and thought the 550 setup in it was crap so why not.

What is? People are always saying the vxl systems are bad but they really aren't. They are simpler and get a bad rep because of it. I happened to have these extra parts and thought the 550 setup in it was crap so why not.
I’m with you man. Any 4S system is a huge upgrade so why not. That 4S VXL ESC is huge though - are you sure it’ll fit?

But to answer your question, I think your driveshafts will be okay. Your first failure points will probably be the stock spur and slipper. You’ll continue to strip spurs unless you buy the metal motor mount. The plastic input gears and diff ring gears will be next to fail.

Not optimal in the Maxx on 4s, seem to self-combust easily, but if you run 3s in your mega, the driveshaft and ESC should stay intact.

Get a BLX motor plate, and spur to keep the spur and pinon together

I’m with you man. Any 4S system is a huge upgrade so why not. That 4S VXL ESC is huge though - are you sure it’ll fit?

But to answer your question, I think your driveshafts will be okay. Your first failure points will probably be the stock spur and slipper. You’ll continue to strip spurs unless you buy the metal motor mount. The plastic input gears and diff ring gears will be next to fail.
I will make it fit somehow with zip ties. I am going to get the Kraton 4s slipper clutch assembly that comes with the steel spur gear. That way the big 5 mm shaft on the new motor will work with the .8mod kriton slipper

How expensive are the diff rings and input gears to upgrade? What ones should I get?

I will make it fit somehow with zip ties. I am going to get the Kraton 4s slipper clutch assembly that comes with the steel spur gear. That way the big 5 mm shaft on the new motor will work with the .8mod kriton slipper

How expensive are the diff rings and input gears to upgrade? What ones should I get?
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma-kraton-4s-4x4-input-bevel-gears-hd-13t-bearings-ara4408v2

https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma-kraton-4s-4x4-metal-gear-f-r-transmission-module-set-ara4408v2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back