How strong would TPU arms be?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pug

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
I want to make arms similar to RPM, any idea on how strong they will be?

Since no one replied, I am printing one, I will also durability test it.

You want something that will behave like RPM's Pure Nylon I guess? Wish I could help better. Not familiar with grades of TPU and 3D stuff.
Do you have any old RPM parts lying around?
Maybe someone here has some broken RPM parts to test sample them against your 3D testing?:unsure:

You want something that will behave like RPM's Pure Nylon I guess? Wish I could help better. Not familiar with grades of TPU and 3D stuff.
Do you have any old RPM parts lying around?
Maybe someone here has some broken RPM parts to test sample them against your 3D testing?:unsure:
I got RPM arms on my Slash, I will compare the two with stiffness and durability. RPM parts are pretty much bulletproof, I will just see what happens, I will try to flex the print until it breaks. The TPU is 95A which is pretty stiff, but flexible and strong with impacts.

I printed it and installed it, it’s way too flexible and it sags when the Typhon is just sitting on its wheels.

I know someone on here tried 3D printing a arms but gave up because they didn't hold up.

A few you can try. Pctpe, strong hero copa/tpu, ninja flex armadillo or pure nylon. A few of these you need a proper setup to even print them. I have used all these materials but never as an a arm. If I had to guess I would assume the pctpe would e one I would try first. Can be printed on a basic printer an pretty easy to print with. Plus I have had good test results with it.

I printed it and installed it, it’s way too flexible and it sags when the Typhon is just sitting on its wheels.
I know this an older thread. Can I ask you what infill percentage you tried? I was thinking of trying tpu a arms.

I mean the percentage. Was it 100% solid and still too flexible?
If you going to do 100% thats going to be a waste instead do 100% solid infill. Like imagine u have 20 layers of 0.2mm then ur bottom and top layers would be 10 each or 20 top or 20 bottom.
Then its going to print a solid piece of plastic for tpu its recommended to also have the fan reduce or off
Even at 100% solid infil it might be too flexible. But only you can dprind that out. I did see someone create a top A arms for the 6s oN thingiverse

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back