Big Rock How TF Do I Reconnect This Driveshaft >.<

jptothetree

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm coming to you now because I can't find any tips online!

So I was bashing around with the Big Rock and I'm guessing a small rock just perfectly fit in between the driveshaft and the a-arm and somehow managed to pop this sucker out of place. I am have literally zero luck trying to fit this back in... wondering if anyone has any wisdom they can share? (Hopefully besides just buying replacement parts, which just seems ridiculous because it's not actually broken... :rolleyes:)

Any info is appreciated!

IMG_3700.jpg

RC&recteq

Reaction score
Honestly man i think you can just pop it back into place. You can see where the two poles need to be positioned to fit back in. It’s going to be tight when fitting it back. I used a pair of hemostats (you can use needle nose) to hold the metal fixture, and forced the plastic. Or better yet, looking at the picture again, it just looks like you’ll have to apply some pressure and maybe help bend the plastic with a small flathead until it pops back in. If there’s a better way, please someone correct me!

jptothetree

Reaction score
That heating trick sounds promising! The rotation is what's making this so difficult--if it were a static piece I'm sure I would have already been able to persuade it back on there.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
WELP. It came off about 15 minutes into a little bash session this morning! Placing an order for some new ones :LOL:
Yup. I was reading thru the thread thinking "just replace it, it is done." Glad you figured it out... :)

Oh, and check your slipper after you get the new shafts installed. If the slipper is too tight, the u-joints get over-stressed and pop easy. Once they pop, you need new ones...

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction

arrmadillo

Too Fast Too Tough For Roadkill
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
Once they do that they get weak and do it again. Just replace it and check slipper tension.