Big Rock How TF Do I Reconnect This Driveshaft >.<

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jptothetree

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm coming to you now because I can't find any tips online!

So I was bashing around with the Big Rock and I'm guessing a small rock just perfectly fit in between the driveshaft and the a-arm and somehow managed to pop this sucker out of place. I am have literally zero luck trying to fit this back in... wondering if anyone has any wisdom they can share? (Hopefully besides just buying replacement parts, which just seems ridiculous because it's not actually broken... :rolleyes:)

Any info is appreciated!

IMG_3700.jpg

Honestly man i think you can just pop it back into place. You can see where the two poles need to be positioned to fit back in. It’s going to be tight when fitting it back. I used a pair of hemostats (you can use needle nose) to hold the metal fixture, and forced the plastic. Or better yet, looking at the picture again, it just looks like you’ll have to apply some pressure and maybe help bend the plastic with a small flathead until it pops back in. If there’s a better way, please someone correct me!

That heating trick sounds promising! The rotation is what's making this so difficult--if it were a static piece I'm sure I would have already been able to persuade it back on there.

Just keep an eye on it as it is going to be weaker now and will more than likely need replaced after a few runs.

WELP. It came off about 15 minutes into a little bash session this morning! Placing an order for some new ones :LOL:
Yup. I was reading thru the thread thinking "just replace it, it is done." Glad you figured it out... :)

Oh, and check your slipper after you get the new shafts installed. If the slipper is too tight, the u-joints get over-stressed and pop easy. Once they pop, you need new ones...

Once they do that they get weak and do it again. Just replace it and check slipper tension.

5 minutes into my first ever run with this truck and that happened. Super frustrating.
It happened again with the replacement! Back right wheel again :( I'm wondering why this might be. Not enough diff fluid or something??

It happened again with the replacement! Back right wheel again :( I'm wondering why this might be. Not enough diff fluid or something??
I wish I knew. I ran my truck fully stock and one popped. It was doing wheelies like crazy so I’m guessing it came with the slipper too tight. When I checked the slipper it was about one turn from fully tight. I loosened it a full two turns and put a drop of loctite in there. I also have the cvd shafts on order but they won’t ship till July at some point.

I’ve never had an issue with my granite in the 6 months that I’ve owned it. 5 minutes in with the big rock and it breaks. Starting to wonder if I made a mistake with this purchase.

To save driveshafts loosen the slipper at least 1 full turn from fully tight. Looser is even better, but you will start to lose wheelie power. I keep mine a little over 1-1/2 turns from fully tight.
Yep- I should have know from the the wheelie power that it was too tight. I trusted. Never again. I will always check that out of the box going forward.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back