Kraton How the heck do i get this thing off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
This is the plastic bit around the rear input gear. It's practically a part of the input cup. I cannot get it off for the life of me. Any ideas?

In case nothing works, what do I need to buy to replace it? My gearbox broke so I am replacing with another plastic attma one for the time being. I can get everything out except for this damn input gear.

I leave on a flight tomorrow morning and I'm taking my Kraton so I don't have too much time to get it fixed.

20210610_095141.jpg

It will only slide from the rear side of the cup. Remove the set screw completely, pull the cup (and sleeve) from the input gear, and then the sleeve will come out from the cup

Yup - it slides off from the rear. Take the set screw out and use a punch to drive the input pinion out from the center of the cup. Then slide the sleeve from the back up the cup.

On my notorious I took it to my local hobby shop and when he banged it out with a hammer an socket I told him , well I was scared to get that aggressive with it. When I changed out the center diff cup to metal once again I had it all apart and took it to him and said show me one more time please. So he just got it out and put it back together for me. So ya it does take time a little force (may it be with you) and patience. If replacing the gear, beat the crap out of it. Lol jk.

Remove the diff to begin with. Then remove the set screw completly. Get something inside that outdrive you will see the butt of the sun gear in the middle. Hammer it with something with a smaller diameter and its going to fall right out

I realized my problem. There was a hole that I assumed the grub screw had been one upon a time. Well 180 degrees from that he the set screw had been completely covered in mangled plastic. I cut that away and loosened the grub and it came off with some light prying.

Unfortunately I already destroyed the plastic cup sleeve. I don't think I'll have an issue running without it though right?

I'm sorry he used a big screwdriver handle and said can pretty my much use anything as a hammer. My bad. So now for me, my small rubber mallet and a small socket extention.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back