Raider How the raider XL BLX has changed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlyon40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Raider
Does it upset anyone else that Arrma completely changed the raider xl blx from what it used to be?
Things the new Raider XL BLX doesn't have that the original did.
-Aluminum roof and chassis sides
-Full metal transmission gears
-ESC fan to keep from overheating

I don't like it because I feel like Arrma cheaped out and downgraded to save money and so that they could sell it for less. I was thinking about buying a Granite BLX but I would have to go and buy the aluminum parts, esc fan, and upgraded metal transmission gears because the gears are composite now. Instead I'm thinking of going to HPI Racing and getting the Jumpshot Fuzion Flux or the Savage XS.

Hi

I feel the same way, the BLX's were supposed to be better then the Mega's, but thats not the case any more. Now BLX means you have a Mega with a brushless system.

I bought a Granite BLX two months ago, and I agree with your frustrations. I mistakenly thought that the 2016 BLX models came with the full-metal drivetrains that the earlier models came with. I've shredded my plastic transmission gears and am now waiting on parts (and a spare afternoon) to upgrade to metal. If I had known this sooner, I might not have bought it --- it's great that these models are only $250, but you have to go spend about $100 just to get them to the level of durability that the earlier models had.

It's very frustrating, because I really like the ARRMA 1/10 scale platforms otherwise.

Hi

I feel the same way, the BLX's were supposed to be better then the Mega's, but thats not the case any more. Now BLX means you have a Mega with a brushless system.

They make it so you're better off buying a Mega and upgrading to the brushless system of your choice - which may not be an Arrma brand. Poor decisions to downgrade the BLX so much!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back