Granite How tight do you set your slipper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Hey everyone,

I'm kinda lost as to how tight my slipper should be; I'd like not to destroy my spur gear with my brushless system, even though I'm running at 2S. But I loosened it quite a lot and at super low RPMs it didn't move and made weird sounds throughout the RPM curve. So how do you guys prefer to set your slipper?

Thanks for any replies!

Refer to your manual!! They have a manual for a reason! It should be set full tight and loosen 1 1/2 turn, again this is in the manual👍
Thanks for the reply!
I did actually hear that on many occasions, although I thought the slipper adjustments are more of a subjective thing? Like it changes your performance based on how you want the vehicle to behave? I'll def try that though

tenor.gif

Couldn't resist :)

agreed. I run mine at 1 3/4 turns out from SNUG-not wrenched down as you can break the slipper hub-because I am brutal on my truck, and I prefer not to kill diffs. 3S is soooo fun.

Thanks for the reply!
I did actually hear that on many occasions, although I thought the slipper adjustments are more of a subjective thing? Like it changes your performance based on how you want the vehicle to behave? I'll def try that though
There is no absolute setting.... you want it to slip a bit, but not a lot.
I literally have one that is solid. Red loctite on everything. It breaks driveshafts real quick if your not careful. But depending on what kind of surface youre running on...🤷🏼‍♂️
What I usually do with my granite is pull the center driveshaft, and then put the hex key in the slipper screw, and push the car to tighten it so that the rear wheels don’t roll anymore, under the cars own weight... that seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Just set it so that it slips a tiny bit when blasting off from a stop on the street. That's it.

I also set it the following way, which worked out perfectly for me so far:
  1. Place the car on a more or less grippy surface like street concrete.
  2. Put your tool in the screw for the slipper clutch and hold tight.
  3. Manually push the car forward without applying to much downforce on the tires.
  4. If the slipper is loose, the rear wheels will turn and the slipper will be tightened.
  5. Once the tires start skidding, you have reached your slipper setting.
I have seen a video of this technique once, but I unfortunatley cannot find the link. Hope the description is clear enough for you.

Last edited:
Back