Vorteks How to achieve best air control with Arrma Vorteks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukshypro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon TLR
  3. Vorteks
So I got something on my mind and I cant help myself but ask you people. I ve seen Tomley RC building his Corally Kronos XTR with 2250kv hobbywing ezrun motor+esc combo. Running it on 6S, the motor had so much torque that I absolutely fell in love with the air control. This is the vid and it starts at around 6:50. See how he can just do whatever he wants with it, because the motor is so strong and extremely responsive. Id love to build smth but with Vorteks, and max 4S, of course. Any ideas like what kind of motor, pinion, tyres etc I'd need to achieve such torque/power/aircontrol.

ps. I am not interested in high speed or big bashing.

don't use AVC, training/training/training, put the Punch level up, get a better transmitter/radio, maybe get some bigger/heavier wheels.
The Vorteks is not made as the best jumper. His tyres are smaller and the sidewall is thinner and his shocks are shorter. (compared to BigRock/Granite...)

don't use AVC, training/training/training, put the Punch level up, get a better transmitter/radio, maybe get some bigger/heavier wheels.
The Vorteks is not made as the best jumper. His tyres are smaller and the sidewall is thinner and his shocks are shorter. (compared to BigRock/Granite...)
I actually got 3 sets of tyres coming, 2 of which for bashing. What do you mean better transmitter/radio? Isnt the dx3 transmitter and receiver good?

Also, what does the AVC has to do with this? To be fair I mostly bashed on street cuz lack of space + its UK so loads of rain and so had avc turned to like 50-55%. So couldnt do too much jumping. I think I did 1 successful backflip out of 10 tries, but the car seemed slow too.

DX3 should work fine. The AVC will get confused when the rc is in the air and may try to correct. This may result in different output to your throttle input. Just turn it down all the way on the dial. Punch level needs to be max for better air control. Tire mass will effect the rotation. Stock tires are not great for this but should give you enough for correction or even single backflip off the right jump.

DX3 should work fine. The AVC will get confused when the rc is in the air and may try to correct. This may result in different output to your throttle input. Just turn it down all the way on the dial. Punch level needs to be max for better air control. Tire mass will effect the rotation. Stock tires are not great for this but should give you enough for correction or even single backflip off the right jump.
Heya, I am actually happy! I ordered some sets of tyres and the first set arrived. I think its more for dirt etc. They are the JetKo.Mt Extreme Tomahawks. I put them on and I pulled the trottle while holding the car from under the chassis. The car almost jumped off my hand, same with reverse.

I am super extremely happy. Exactly what I wanted!! Cant wait to start some quad backflips /s
I might get a smaller pinion tho, because the motor gets quite hot now that I got dust filters on. Is there huge difference between 16-17 and the current 18T pinions in terms of torque. Is there a way to measure this?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back