Kraton How to break a shock mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad luck man. Thought you might be interested in a simple mod for the shock mounts. The stock M3 screws/bolts are threaded all the way up to the shoulder. I got some 33mm long ones from ebay that are only partially threaded and therefore stronger at the shock tower end where it matters. Tried this after my son kept breaking the bolts on his Typhon on the race track mixing it up with nitros - seems to work well so I have done it all round on my Kraton with no breakages on either vehicle to date! You just need to counterbore the shock mount with a 3mm diameter drill just enough to give clearance for the part of the bolt that is not threaded. Added a few pics below.

Attachments

• DSC_2047.JPG
    DSC_2047.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_2044.JPG
    DSC_2044.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_2046.JPG
    DSC_2046.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_2043.JPG
    DSC_2043.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 74
Bad luck man. Thought you might be interested in a simple mod for the shock mounts. The stock M3 screws/bolts are threaded all the way up to the shoulder. I got some 33mm long ones from ebay that are only partially threaded and therefore stronger at the shock tower end where it matters. Tried this after my son kept breaking the bolts on his Typhon on the race track mixing it up with nitros - seems to work well so I have done it all round on my Kraton with no breakages on either vehicle to date! You just need to counterbore the shock mount with a 3mm diameter drill just enough to give clearance for the part of the bolt that is not threaded. Added a few pics below.

Thanks for the tip!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back