Kraton HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN CUSTOM ARRMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
I put this under kraton cuz I figured it would get the most views. Alot of you already now all this,but there are alot of NEW MEMBERS EVERY DAY. If I can give one member inspiration to do a build than this will be worth it for me.I LOVE ARRMA FOR ALMOST ALL PARTS BEING COMPATIBLE making custom builds so easy to do AN A BLAST TO DO.the 1/8&1/7 scale vehicles suspension are mostly easy swaps. Different length a- arms,axles,t-buckles, can go on any one of them for the most part.same with shock,towers,shocksalot of the same length chassis plastic siderails,braces,etc,etc.. can come up with many different combinations.pic below is senton6, typhon, Mojave, kraton a-arms smallest to biggest...all COMPATIBLE with
Swb (short wheelbase chassis)
lwb (long)
Xlwb (longest)
Also got 2 different
Steering blocks & hubs sizes
If I'm missing something feal free to CHIME in others members..
SO GO BUILD YOUR OWN ARRMA!!!!BE GLAD TO ANSWER ANY HOW TO QUESTION THE BEST I CAN.

16046215995328645398866210311567.jpg

Here are a couple of my own arrma creations.
1st --My first was a Mojave that I put all kraton suspension on.MONSTER MOJAVE.
2ND--i then put the MOJAVE suspension an put it on my notorious.
My next will be a typhon with Mojave EXB suspension

20200822_101559.jpg

20201016_180229.jpg

Last edited:
Indeed. I just did a Frankenbuild from all the spare parts I had - a Talion chassis, Kraton shocks, towers, arms, diff case, etc. Typhon body and plastic bits.

Printed myself a wing and some extended body mounts and it's all set to
Awesome! What type of 3D printer do you have? I'm in the market myself

Indeed. I just did a Frankenbuild from all the spare parts I had - a Talion chassis, Kraton shocks, towers, arms, diff case, etc. Typhon body and plastic bits.

Printed myself a wing and some extended body mounts and it's all set to go.

View attachment 108087

View attachment 108088
VERY NICE.CREATING A SETUP BEST FOR YOUR DRIVING STYLE IS SO MUCH FUN,THE LITTLEST CHANGES CAN MAKE VEHICLE PERFORM TOTALLY DIFFERENT.CONSTANTLY GOT DIFFERENT IDEAS IN MY HEAD WITH DIFFERENT THIS OR THAT.....LMAO

Printed myself a wing and some extended body mounts and it's all set to go.

View attachment 108087

View attachment 108088
You ever have any problems with hard impacts with them RPM front bumpers.??? I've read reviews where it'll rip the bolts right out of the diff housing I bought one anyway

Awesome! What type of 3D printer do you have? I'm in the market myself

I have a Creality Ender 3 Pro and just recently got a Creality CR-6 SE ... the CR-6 SE has had some growing pains, but otherwise seems to produce better prints than the Ender 3 Pro straight out of the box

VERY NICE.CREATING A SETUP BEST FOR YOUR DRIVING STYLE IS SO MUCH FUN,THE LITTLEST CHANGES CAN MAKE VEHICLE PERFORM TOTALLY DIFFERENT.CONSTANTLY GOT DIFFERENT IDEAS IN MY HEAD WITH DIFFERENT THIS OR THAT.....LMAO

You ever have any problems with hard impacts with them RPM front bumpers.??? I've read reviews where it'll rip the bolts right out of the diff housing I bought one anyway

I haven't - but I haven't lawn darted my trucks too much (because I haven't really sent them) - so far so good with the RPM bumpers but this ones going to be more of a road runner than a basher.

I have a Creality Ender 3 Pro and just recently got a Creality CR-6 SE ... the CR-6 SE has had some growing pains, but otherwise seems to produce better prints than the Ender 3 Pro straight out of the box

I haven't - but I haven't lawn darted my trucks too much (because I haven't really sent them) - so far so good with the RPM bumpers but this ones going to be more of a road runner than a basher.
? ya I'm not much on airing mine out either ,I'm more high-speed off road outa control,or holeshots,ripping on the ground..? but I do got a thing for hitting trees and picnic tables..lol

So if I wanted to kratonize my notorious what would I need just to get the kraton chassis, longer rear drive shaft, and new center brace?

So if I wanted to kratonize my notorious what would I need just to get the kraton chassis, longer rear drive shaft, and new center brace?
Yep, sounds about right. You’ll need to trim your side guards on the bottom a bit (I do this for my kratons anyhow I like the added protection of the outcast side guards) and you’ll also have to trim your body and make new holes if you want To continue to use the notorious body.

The only major difference in the kraton and the notorious is kraton lwb chassis,noto swb.they have all the same suspension.

I can definitely relate to this post... people have sat down and meticulously designed each part for compatibility across all the cars in the line up

The steady revisions and updates inspired by customer feedback proves they're determined to be, and stay, the best

I appreciate great engineering ?? fast and tough!

I totally concur. I design products for the AV industry, and it takes a very clear vision, well defined roadmap and an unwavering commitment to the customer experience to achieve this level of compatibility. One day I hope to build a franken-Arrma myself!

Can you please show more of the mojave armed outcast? I about to start a custom build of all my spare parts and was heading this direction

I have a street typhon on mojave arms and hoons, 2 truggified typhons running senton towers and kraton arms/hubs, run 4s outcast tires on my beefcake talion and both it and the stock talion run kraton hubs, i run the 06 tires on my k6, made a dual battery mojave stretched chassis running a kraton front tower and senton rear that i had as a monster truck and just swapped it over to a street rig on 1/5 grp's and i'm still looking for a street body to fit. I think most of the rest of my rigs keep a majority of their designated parts hahahaha. Senton towers are a great way to run the baja bug body on a swb rig.

Can you elaborate? dremel the tab on the chassis? I'm not sure exactly what you mean but I guess I will probably find out when my mojave arms get here haha.
What are you adding the Mojave arms to? If it’s a v5 chassis, there is no shaving required… the v4 chassis droop section is bigger and does not fit in the cutout of the Mojave arms. Does that make sense?

What are you adding the Mojave arms to? If it’s a v5 chassis, there is no shaving required… the v4 chassis droop section is bigger and does not fit in the cutout of the Mojave arms. Does that make sense?
My man!!! wooo I don't have to do anything!! *Happy Dance* :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back