How to build your own high high speed motor / ESC fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing it for the last ~ 4 month. Check my build log for parts. The ones I use come with bare wires i.e. some work required.
Long screws is all you need, they screw directly into the standard 35mm fan locations and have sufficient cooling on standard BEC voltage. Running them on 12V will cool everything you ever need.

Last edited:
Been doing it for the last ~ 4 month. Check my build log for parts. The ones I use come with bare wires i.e. some work required.
Long screws is all you need, they screw directly into the standard 35mm fan locations and have sufficient cooling on standard BEC voltage. Running them on 12V will cool everything you ever need.

Have you got a link to your logs please - had a look but didnt want to troll through pages of posts you have made trying to find the right one.

Thanks

Got it - thanks ????

Great video, thanks for sharing. Is this fan made in a 50 mm version to bolt directly onto the Kraton 8S motor heat sink?

coolerguys.com is who i buy from, they have 50mm fans but I’ve not seen a 50mm that has the performance of the 40s... I used the Sunon 40 ultra hi speed, at 31CMF it’s 1 of the strongest I’ve seen. IMO you would be better off going with a 40, an adapter plate is not hard to make & would be worth it

I also wanted to add that it will depend on what you want to use the fan for. If speed runs / street then you need high CFM.

If for off road jumping bashing then you need strength over CFM - all the 40mm fans will provide a hell of a lot more airflow than the stock fan, i chose these fans as they have 7 thicker tabs holding the fan in place, a lot of the Delta fans have only 5 tabs that are smaller, these have been a weak point on the stock fan and other fans

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back