Granite How to center servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sldnx01

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I have a new servo arriving Friday for the weekend. Now, my last one I installed it, drove my car, it went straight. But, I couldn't trim steering left at all. It went right, but the dial on the controller trimmed all way left, the wheels were straight. What did I do wrong and what do I do when installing the new one on Friday to prevent this from happening again?

The way I do it.

Install new servo minus servo arm.
Turn on controller
Turn on car
Turn wheel left and then right
let go of steering wheel
Turn car off
turn controller off
servo is now centered
Put the servo arm back on pointing same direction as the way it was with previous servo.
Also if you get stuck youtube is your best friend.

? Yep well said, that’s exactly how I do it. Once the servo is centered, make sure the tires are straight and install the arm on the closest grooves and use the trim to fine tune straight.
Don’t forget to adjust your end points once you have the arm mounted.

? Yep well said, that’s exactly how I do it. Once the servo is centered, make sure the tires are straight and install the arm on the closest grooves and use the trim to fine tune straight.
Don’t forget to adjust your end points once you have the arm mounted.
My apologies I'm not familiar with end points. Could you explain or link or reference something please?

End point adjustment, aka EPA or travel adjustment allows the transmitter to limit the servo travel to within the maximum travel allowed by the steering linkage. That prevents the servo from trying to continue to turn when the linkage has reached its limits.

For example if the servo is capable of 90* of rotation but the linkage binds at 60* if you were to hold the steering wheel all the way in one direction the servo would stall itself out trying to get to that 90* when the linkage is bound. That causes excessive wear on the servo. Hopefully that makes sense o_O

I’m not sure if the STX2 has an EPA adjustment, I don’t have one, but any decent transmitter does. I know the tactic did, a futaba does, and the better spectrums do.

The manuals for the older cars that used a ttx300 explained how to adjust the endpoints

1DA8D34B-5BFC-4448-A75A-B6E6BE5A7CB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Depens on what radio you have if you don't have endpoint adjustment available on your radio just use steering dual rate instead i have mine set at 80%

The way I do it.

Install new servo minus servo arm.
Turn on controller
Turn on car
Turn wheel left and then right
let go of steering wheel
Turn car off
turn controller off
servo is now centered
Put the servo arm back on pointing same direction as the way it was with previous servo.
Also if you get stuck youtube is your best friend.
I would also add to make sure that the trim is set to 0 on the transmitter so that you don't have the trim maxed out when you put the servo arm back on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back