How To Change Arrma Nero Pinion Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that got missed on the video is how to adjust the gap between the pinion and the spur gears. It sounded that the gears were a little tight.

There is a screw that holds the spur to the aluminum frame. That needs to be loosened then you can adjust the gap between the gears. This is a critical part in changing the pinion.

One thing that got missed on the video is how to adjust the gap between the pinion and the spur gears. It sounded that the gears were a little tight.

There is a screw that holds the spur to the aluminum frame. That needs to be loosened then you can adjust the gap between the gears. This is a critical part in changing the pinion.
Thanks you are right on that - It's VERY unclear in the instructions on that point. So much so I missed it out (in the video), there were no words explaining it in the instructions. I found the car 'tight' to start with. 30 mins bashing on 6S (No heat issues) and it was much, much faster. So much so that I think an initial speed test would have shown the car to be nowhere near as fast as when it's run in. It flies now compared to the first run on 17T. Thanks for highlighting that screw issue. I'll try and add a comment to the video.

Shot this step by step video on how to change the pinion gear. Hope it's of help

Golden - I did a jump and landed upside down. I broke a shock rod end after cleaning out all the dirt. HOWEVER - after replacing the end - the trucks rear suspension does not bounce back anymore when I push it down. The front is fine - bounces right back up. When I push down the back - it stays and I have to push both rear wheels back down and it stays. I removed the shocks and both rods are not bent as they still push in and out. Both shocks still have oil in them so no leaks - in fact I filled both with 500 CST. However - no bouncy in the rear still. I bout new shock boys, new rods, the shock maintenance set, shock cap set but I have no idea how to build a shock. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm new to RC's, my nero is about 2 months old, no big jumps, just yesterday it did that stripped gear? Pinion? Out of alignment?
Noise that winds up with hardly anywhere to go, what's the typical life span of the parts like that? Will I be replacing them always that soon on moderate usage?once a week at the park while my kids run around

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back