Kraton How to change the shock shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddytrex

Reaction score
Hi all, my local rc shop didn't have any replacements in stock. He told me I could change just the shaft since it is bent. He sold me some team associate shafts that he uses when fixing customers trucks. How do I replace the shock? I tried a screw driver through the tiny hole and grabbing the shaft with some pliers. I turn it as hard as I can without trying to break anything and it won't budge. Is it backwards threaded or something... or am I just a wuss lol
Pic for details

Attachments

• 20201030_171253.jpg
    20201030_171253.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 99
Hi all, my local rc shop didn't have any replacements in stock. He told me I could change just the shaft since it is bent. He sold me some team associate shafts that he uses when fixing customers trucks. How do I replace the shock? I tried a screw driver through the tiny hole and grabbing the shaft with some pliers. I turn it as hard as I can without trying to break anything and it won't budge. Is it backwards threaded or something... or am I just a wuss lol
Pic for details
Not gonna work. That shaft is molded into the perch.

Yeah, those associated shafts won’t work on a Kraton 4S. It might on a Kraton 6S which has a different design.
Thank you. Gonna take them back tomorrow. I was going to take my kids to play with their rigs at the track. Oh well, I can still use one of theirs lol.

Yeah, those associated shafts won’t work on a Kraton 4S. It might on a Kraton 6S which has a different design.

Thank you. Gonna take them back tomorrow. I was going to take my kids to play with their rigs at the track. Oh well, I can still use one of theirs lol.
If they are 4mm shafts it should be possible to make them fit if they have the correct lengths. Just find some rod ends and spring cups that fit.
I use shafts from a 6s Kraton in my rear 4S shock with Hb racing springcups and traxxas rodends.

You can use the talion shock shafts there the exact same length as stock then use the Nero heavy duty rod ends and spring perches . There is a great thread on here about converting I highly recommend it.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-and-4s-guys-solution-to-molded-rod-ends.17061/
Thanks, I'll look into these. For now I went with hot racing shock towers and swapped over the stock shafts with all of the guts as you can see. I haven't had any issues since the swap until now when I bent the shaft. I've been really happy with this so far. Much better than stock and you can't go wrong with spending only $20 compared to $60-$100 for a pair like other brands.

Back