Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

How to configure Nero Diff Brain with Futaba Radio

Discussion in 'Nero, Big Rock & Fazon' started by L0ckwire, Sep 14, 2016.

1. L0ckwire

L0ckwire Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero

Here is the Setups for the 4PX:

Diff in channel 3
    Sub trim: CH 3 +15
    Channel Reverse: Channel 1 Reverse.
    Dial Select: DL1 to Channel 3 Control normal direction step 50

I should be shot for the vertical video, but don't feel like re uploading.

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

Great video @L0ckwire, thanks for sharing!

3. Aflan

Aflan Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton, Mojave
    @L0ckwire ...Yes you smuck, you should be severely spanked for making us tilt our neck... ;)
    Thx for the video...Now I can help out a friend who got a Nero, but not the original receiver-transmitter combo...(Talking some real idiot, but don't tell him I told you)...:D

Erik
    aka Aflan

4. L0ckwire

L0ckwire Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Don't promise me a good time! lol

Aflan likes this.
  5. PeaCue

PeaCue Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero, Typhon
    Did this work with the stock Tactic receiver or did you put a Futaba one in there?

6. L0ckwire

L0ckwire Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    no, you have to use a Futaba Rx, I am using a 304SB I had in my buggy, unfortunately I had The Futaba Service Center remove the external antenna because It was ran on small indoor tracks and reception is an issue at around 50 yards, but that's an easy fix.

But all newer Futaba Tx's come with a 304sb (PLS, PX, PV, etc.)

7. darkflame

darkflame New Member

hey guys ! im new here i went to the local hobby yesterday to pick up some parts for my slash (that i love but only after countless upgrade to stop it from breaking?((f*ck*ng drive train))) and ive also been eyeing at the erevo brushless for a long time.

But yeah never been fond of new rc companies (parts availability reputation and durability) and ive always remember seing arrma box lying around the lhs but without catching my attention until yesterday because they had one taken out of the box on the shelves ***** HOLY MOLY CRAP THATS THING LOOKS SO FREAKIN WELL BUILT and designed !!! (more than the erevo sadly)

anyway back to the subject since i have a slash 4x4 ultimate with all the sensors the telemetry and TSM !! and very much looking to get a nero big rock instead of a erevo and maybe get traxxas rx with tsm/telemetry + self righting system into a big rock

but was wondering how could i possibly configure the 3 channel on a tqi to use the diff brain system anyway i don't know if anyone out here that has that sort of expertise just trying my luck !

8. CL-Audio

CL-Audio Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    Do you know if I can pull this off with the Futaba 4PV?

9. Krypticmusic

Krypticmusic Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fazon
    image.jpeg

Just bought a Futaba 4PX for my Fazon and the setup provided worked great, thanks

10. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

I don't need to upgrade my Futaba 4PLS but I really want to upgrade to the 4PX - such a beautiful radio!

11. Schepper

Schepper Well-Known Member

Can you do this with either the 4pls and the 4pv??

12. BullGator

BullGator New Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Is it just me or is that video of 25 seconds. Is there something showing the steps on the Rx?

I would assume so. They are just servos, have to figure out what channel they are on and go from there.

13. PlayingWithEvil

PlayingWithEvil Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Not to hijack the thread or upset anyone, but has anyone configured the Spektrum series of radios for the diff brain? BTW, that radio is sexy as [email protected]#%. Only reason I ask about Spektrum, is lhs is trying to steer me away from Futaba for some reason.

14. chevyrumble

chevyrumble Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    BigRock
    WoodiE likes this.
  15. Boozer

Boozer New Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    As a co plate newbie to the RC world thanks LOckwire for the tips. I have a slight issue possibly after some struggle of learning it seems if there is a little binding in the diff change on m Nero. Is there any suggestion to tuning this a little you'd mind offering?

It may not matter much if the recent upgrades don't help with the wheels falling off though. Third 2S battery set and 8 lug nuts later.

16. Boozer

Boozer New Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Got passed the wheels falls ng off for the most part, but now don't have 4 wheel. The servo just hums.

17. Boozer

Boozer New Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    It seems only blast and drift are working with the 4PLS. The lights change on the brain, but the functionality doesn't seem to. 4x4 leaves the front axle unlocked and hums the servo. Drift seems to freak out the throttle with only functioning part of the time and cutting in and out.

Seems like it's getting to be time to scrap the Futaba and try a spectrum maybe.

18. Boozer

Boozer New Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    The Futaba worked alright on everything but drift mode. In which case the throttle would go in out of being responsive. Hold full throttle might take off or might sit there. If it took off it might only go ten feet and stop. It might even go from a dead stop to full throttle at a whim.

I didn't care for the buzzing sound it makes when in various modes. Gives the impression something isn't correct like drift mode. Now to try to figure out how to get the Spektrum DX6R to work. Hopefully it'll be better.

19. Bart0093

Bart0093 New Member

Arrma RC's:
    Nero
    Hello,

Is this the same for the Futaba 4PV radio?
    grtz bart

20. Brandong81

Brandong81 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    BigRock

Any idea how to set up the Futaba 3PV for the diff brain?

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer