How to configure Nero Diff Brain with Futaba Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@L0ckwire ...Yes you smuck, you should be severely spanked for making us tilt our neck... ;)
Thx for the video...Now I can help out a friend who got a Nero, but not the original receiver-transmitter combo...(Talking some real idiot, but don't tell him I told you)...:D

Erik
aka Aflan

@L0ckwire ...Yes you smuck, you should be severely spanked for making us tilt our neck... ;)
Thx for the video...Now I can help out a friend who got a Nero, but not the original receiver-transmitter combo...(Talking some real idiot, but don't tell him I told you)...:D

Erik
aka Aflan
Don't promise me a good time! lol

Did this work with the stock Tactic receiver or did you put a Futaba one in there?
no, you have to use a Futaba Rx, I am using a 304SB I had in my buggy, unfortunately I had The Futaba Service Center remove the external antenna because It was ran on small indoor tracks and reception is an issue at around 50 yards, but that's an easy fix.

But all newer Futaba Tx's come with a 304sb (PLS, PX, PV, etc.)

hey guys ! im new here i went to the local hobby yesterday to pick up some parts for my slash (that i love but only after countless upgrade to stop it from breaking?((f*ck*ng drive train))) and ive also been eyeing at the erevo brushless for a long time.

But yeah never been fond of new rc companies (parts availability reputation and durability) and ive always remember seing arrma box lying around the lhs but without catching my attention until yesterday because they had one taken out of the box on the shelves ***** HOLY MOLY CRAP THATS THING LOOKS SO FREAKIN WELL BUILT and designed !!! (more than the erevo sadly)

anyway back to the subject since i have a slash 4x4 ultimate with all the sensors the telemetry and TSM !! and very much looking to get a nero big rock instead of a erevo and maybe get traxxas rx with tsm/telemetry + self righting system into a big rock

but was wondering how could i possibly configure the 3 channel on a tqi to use the diff brain system anyway i don't know if anyone out here that has that sort of expertise just trying my luck !

image.jpeg

Just bought a Futaba 4PX for my Fazon and the setup provided worked great, thanks

Is it just me or is that video of 25 seconds. Is there something showing the steps on the Rx?

Can you do this with either the 4pls and the 4pv??
I would assume so. They are just servos, have to figure out what channel they are on and go from there.

Not to hijack the thread or upset anyone, but has anyone configured the Spektrum series of radios for the diff brain? BTW, that radio is sexy as $@#%. Only reason I ask about Spektrum, is lhs is trying to steer me away from Futaba for some reason.

As a co plate newbie to the RC world thanks LOckwire for the tips. I have a slight issue possibly after some struggle of learning it seems if there is a little binding in the diff change on m Nero. Is there any suggestion to tuning this a little you'd mind offering?

It may not matter much if the recent upgrades don't help with the wheels falling off though. Third 2S battery set and 8 lug nuts later.

Got passed the wheels falls ng off for the most part, but now don't have 4 wheel. The servo just hums.

It seems only blast and drift are working with the 4PLS. The lights change on the brain, but the functionality doesn't seem to. 4x4 leaves the front axle unlocked and hums the servo. Drift seems to freak out the throttle with only functioning part of the time and cutting in and out.

Seems like it's getting to be time to scrap the Futaba and try a spectrum maybe.

The Futaba worked alright on everything but drift mode. In which case the throttle would go in out of being responsive. Hold full throttle might take off or might sit there. If it took off it might only go ten feet and stop. It might even go from a dead stop to full throttle at a whim.

I didn't care for the buzzing sound it makes when in various modes. Gives the impression something isn't correct like drift mode. Now to try to figure out how to get the Spektrum DX6R to work. Hopefully it'll be better.

Here is the Setups for the 4PX:

Diff in channel 3
Sub trim: CH 3 +15
Channel Reverse: Channel 1 Reverse.
Dial Select: DL1 to Channel 3 Control normal direction step 50

I should be shot for the vertical video, but don't feel like re uploading.
Hello,

Is this the same for the Futaba 4PV radio?
grtz bart

Here is the Setups for the 4PX:

Diff in channel 3
Sub trim: CH 3 +15
Channel Reverse: Channel 1 Reverse.
Dial Select: DL1 to Channel 3 Control normal direction step 50

I should be shot for the vertical video, but don't feel like re uploading.

Any idea how to set up the Futaba 3PV for the diff brain?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back