How to connect wires without soldering ‍

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-FUN

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I made this video for the people that's new to rc and don't know how to solder.

This is when you want your battery or esc to have a different connection

Leave me a comment and let me know what y'all think

Thanks!!

That is a pretty risky thing to do given you drive that thing like it is meant to be driven. Crimp connectors are notoriously problematic in high vibration environments. At the very least you should stager the connections to lower the chance of a short when they come undone. But, in general, this style connector should not be used on this style vehicle.

That is a pretty risky thing to do given you drive that thing like it is meant to be driven. Crimp connectors are notoriously problematic in high vibration environments. At the very least you should stager the connections to lower the chance of a short when they come undone. But, in general, this style connector should not be used on this style vehicle.

Oooo thanks for the information... I saw a comment on another YouTube video...someone ask that and I just made a video on how to do it...I been doing this for years and never had a problem....but anything is possible...

very bad idea unless you want to lite you car on fire.

Ok. I will take video down. I don't want no one to hurt them self...I been doing for a while and never had a problem....I know how to solder...I was given people another option if they don't like to solder

You better ask a local shop to solder for you, or even order some adapters / cables with the good connectors.

You better ask a local shop to solder for you, or even order some adapters / cables with the good connectors.

i already know how to solder.. i saw the question"how to connect wires without soldering" asked before and i made a video. but i took the vid down and ready to put a how to solder vid up...i know theirs a lot of videos up but i want to make one to...im just having fun...i been doing this for years and my cars never caught on fire

I'll echo the above as well and add that not only do you risk crimp on connectors coming lose but most I've seen have a rated amperage FAR less than a good solder on connector.

Most of us are using large LiPo batteries and pulling a lot of amperage and unless you want to risk fire and totally ruining your RC do NOT use crimp on connectors.

....I do not agree to the most comments. Just take a look in normal cars. They use soldering as rare as possible.
Also here in Germany it is nevermore allowed to solder cables in house installations.
It is possible to crimp also cables in the RC-Hobby just face the servo cables.
BUT you need a good crimp tool and good connectors and the least point is the most important.
You do not will get those small and high power connectors..... :(
I use also the solder TX90 plugs for ESC and battery, and 6mm gold plugs for the motor.

@lonee there is a huge difference between 1:1 cars and RC cars. With the exception of the battery and cables there isn't another wire in a full size car that's pulling anything even remotely close to the amperage that the RC's pull.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you mention the servo wires in an RC car. The video nor description above had anything to do with servos... again not pulling anywhere near the amperage of the motor and/or ESC.

Crimp on connectors work great in low amperage areas in the RC world, such as servos, low end (such as brushed) motors and ESC's. But once you start getting in the LiPo world, which most RC's are now, crimping just simply isn't an ideal solution.

Hi WoodiE,
Crimp on connectors work great also in high amps, but the need a larger design to get more surface between connector and cable. Just take a look on the generator cables of an 1:1 car or the engine starter. On a 2L diesel engine, more than 200A.
Because of the size they are not usefully in RC. The profit will be that the cables itself not will brake so easy, a soldered cable will break earlier than a crimp connection. The one negativ point in soldering is the less flex of the connection and the acid which will occur while soldering.
That acid will destroy the copper.
Sorry for my bad english, it´s not my main language and so I can´t explain it better....

A typical diesel engine application might see 1g of acceleration while bouncing across some uneven terrain. A bash vehicle cartwheeling across your yard or belly floppping a huge backflip off a ramp is likely seeing 20g's or higher. From an engineering standpoint, those application easily differ by a factor of 20. Generally speaking, that means they have little to nothing in common in terms design constraints.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back