Kraton How to determine which diff is bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Driving and heard crunching noise...had same noise before on Nero (non brain)...always was center diff. Need some help trying to troubleshoot. With wheels off the ground back wheels spin freely...front wheels don't spin freely...have to force wheels to turn (feels like gears binding). This lead me to believe it might be my front diff needing repair...however I disconnected front drive shaft from center diff and it turns freely (front/rear)...can I eliminate front/rear diff and assume it's all in the center?

Curious to hear how others troubleshoot diff repair with f/c/r diffs?

When my rear diff gear broke I pretty much knew right away which diff it was by the way it was driving. If that doesn't work, place your Kraton on some blocks so the wheels are off the ground, then run it and observe or grab front, then back tires and see what it does.

I'd also check your spur and pinion. Maybe the pinion got loose or the mesh is off. If you can't figure it out, post some video so we can maybe give more help.

I too would like some feedback on what's the best way to tell which diff might be messed up when you hear that noise. I also cannot turn my front wheels when off the ground without force. Back wheels spin just fine.

Just noticed something...when off the ground...both rear wheels spin in opposite direction...front wheel spins (with some binding) but opposite wheel doesn't

This sounds very familiar. First off the opposite spinning is normal off the ground. Think through the gearing and it'll make sense. The front wheel grinding is similar to what I had with Kraton. Check the input gear. That was the culprit on my Kraton. Teeth weren't broken just very worn down due to lack of grease from the factory.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back