Kraton How to diagnose wheel wobble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris.dempsey

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Last time I had the Kraton 6s out the rear wheels developed a wobble. The car was fine beforehand and all we did was run it on tarmac with a single 3s so the kid could have a shot. Only thing I can think that may have contributed was a few dozen hard turns, soimetimes under a fair bit of power and mostly to the right.

After taking the wheels off I can see that the red wheel hex nut has about 1mm movement side to side and the the rear hub assembly AR330404 has around 0.5mm movement. The lower suspension arm AR330249 has 2mm movement front to back.

Can anyone suggest if I just need to tighten the bolts on both sides of the suspension arms or is there something else I need to look at? Just looking for advice before I start touching stuff, first car, zero experience and all.

Seems like the plastic is getting worn out or your screws may be pulling threads though with that much movement I'd lean more towards wearing out ;)

Actually, the front lower suspension arms have no movement front to rear - is it just a case of tightening the bolts on the rear then?

Normal wear and tear. It's a basher, nothing to tighten. You could replace with all new but you will be in the same spot again eventually.
Did you notice any negative effects while driving?

Did you notice any negative effects while driving?
Didn't appear to affect the handling, certainly not enough for a rank amateur and a six year old would notice.

As long as running it with the wobble won't cause premature failure of more expensive parts then should like replacing the rear A arms can wait.

Didn't appear to affect the handling, certainly not enough for a rank amateur and a six year old would notice.

As long as running it with the wobble won't cause premature failure of more expensive parts then should like replacing the rear A arms can wait.
Its really simple to balance the tires. Heck you could even borrow some of the 6yr old playdoe?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back