Granite How to easily set gear mesh on the 3s and 4s models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
I stole this off Facebook so all credit goes to a guy named Pito Hernandez.

If you have an extra motor mount cover you can cut it to keep the slipper in place to help get your mesh rite. Just remember to put the uncut cover on before you mount it back into the vehicle.

240423397_10159069381071865_5033809053564711130_n.jpg

There is no excuse for not getting the mesh "just right" when it is exposed like this. (y)
And mesh seems to be an issue for many. Because you generally set it blind and hold your breath....

That is a really good idea and thanks for sharing @slick2500! Definitely is a pain to adjust it, put cover on check mesh, take cover off re adjust, cover back on check mesh again, then cover off and tighten fully then cover back on and install😓

Brilliant 👏

The people putting the trucks together in the factory need these because every 3s I've bought had the mesh way too tight.

Setting mesh is a challenge I quite enjoy ... plus I have a spare cover to cut a hole in. 💯

OK, I'm going to be "that guy" and ask:

1. Doesn't doing this mean the possibility of more debris getting into the area of the gears?
2. Does cutting such a large hole compromise the overall strength, rigidity and integrity of the mount?

1. Doesn't doing this mean the possibility of more debris getting into the area of the gears?
2. Does cutting such a large hole compromise the overall strength, rigidity and integrity of the mount?
Yes to both. However, this is just done with a spare cover to correctly set the mesh. A complete and unmodified part should be put back on after setting the mesh.

Mine stays open on my speedrun car because I am running a 34t pinion 👀

Yes to both. However, this is just done with a spare cover to correctly set the mesh. A complete and unmodified part should be put back on after setting the mesh.

Mine stays open on my speedrun car because I am running a 34t pinion 👀
So the idea is solely to support both ends of the slipper clutch while making the adjustment?

So the idea is solely to support both ends of the slipper clutch while making the adjustment?
Exactly. Without supporting both sides of the slipper, there is lots of wiggle and it becomes near impossible to set the mesh without lots of trial and errror

I say it is a design flaw of the 4x4's. Not user friendly at all. And many complain of pinion spur issues. Not a wonder why??? This design is definitely one part of the equation and Arrma never really adressed that.
I never liked the power module design . Hence one reason I never jumped aboard the 4x4's. Just not for me.
Not to say they are bad at all. Pricepoint wise.
My spin.

If you have an extra motor mount cover you can cut it to keep the slipper in place to help get your mesh rite. Just remember to put the uncut cover on before you mount it back into the vehicle.

View attachment 165697
Great idea. I'm going to do it. Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 165697

I say it is a design flaw of the 4x4's. Not user friendly at all. And many complain of pinion spur issues. Not a wonder why??? This design is definitely one part of the equation and Arrma never really adressed that.
I never liked the power module design . Hence one reason I never jumped aboard the 4x4's. Just not for me.
Not to say they are bad at all. Pricepoint wise.
My spin.
The motor module is one of many design flaws on the 3s line. But I won't go into that here.

Back