Kraton How to fit pivot ball back into front steering block

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris.dempsey

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I stuffed the offside front wheel into a tree fairly hard and popped the pivot ball out of the steering block.

Can anyone advise how to put it back in please?

PSX_20200815_163302.jpg

I stuffed the offside front wheel into a tree fairly hard and popped the pivot ball out of the steering block.

View attachment 94553
You have to unscrew it from the suspension arm. Then you unscrew the pillow ball cap in the steering block and out the pillow ball back in. Screw the pillow ball cap back on but don't crank it down. Leave it loose. Then you screw that pillow ball back into the suspension arm. When it's all the way, tighten up the call but not too tight or you will bind the streering. You will probably have to loosen the other pillow ball cap and back the other pillow ball out about halfway in order to get the other one back in.

View attachment 94553
Unscrew it from the arm and put it back thru the other side. Keep track of the plastic spacers

So I was just going to post the same post here.
I thought you may unscrew it but was not sure at all.
Do you know how many times you can unscrew and screw the pivot ball back into the lower suspension arm before it is loose and does not want to hold only to the lower suspension arm at all?
I was just curious.

There isn't really a limit if you are careful enough when screwing them back in or tightening them.
Avoid cross threading and stop when the flat portion hits the plastic. I typically swap arms at end of season for all kinds of other reasons, this has never been an issue. Problems start when the pivot ball threaded parts rips out of the arm.

I use my manly man muscles and just forced it back in. Once it pops out, it'll never be the same, like my shoulder. You'll need to replace the hub

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back