How to fit this body...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Trying to put a Chevy c10 body on a kraton. I have two option I think. I can either raise up the body mounts and have a large gap at the bottom, or trim around the rear shock tower and bring the body down. I really want to bring it down because I don't like the look of it sticking so far up, but I'm afraid the back end of the body will lose a lot of stiffness if I do. It will basically lose the entire "box effect" rigidity (if that makes sense). I might be able to keep edge of the bed rails there, but I'm not sure.

I don't know if you can really tell w the pix, but what are your thoughts?

_DSC6465_1.JPG
_DSC6464_1.JPG
_DSC6463_1.JPG
_DSC6462_1.JPG
_DSC6461_1.JPG
_DSC6460_1.JPG
_DSC6459_1.JPG

Not sure if this will help because it is technically a different body but might help...
I would raise the body posts as you don't want it resting directly on the shock tower. (i'd recommend a notch higher than how mine is as yours is not ABS tuff plastic and will likely get painted)
1649795481963.png

1649795512209.png

1649794831743.png

1649795006731.png

Last edited:
OK. Fair enough. I agree that the top will look better that way. It looks like I shouldn't have cut it on the lines but left extra on the sides. Sigh. Oops. I'm going to have a decent gap there. It won't go down any farther than that without cutting.

OK. Fair enough. I agree that the top will look better that way. It looks like I shouldn't have cut it on the lines but left extra on the sides. Sigh. Oops. I'm going to have a decent gap there. It won't go down any farther than that without cutting.
Get yourself some Outcast/Notoriuos side guards..!! They should bolt straight on and will fill the gap 👍🏼
I use the high guards on most of my builds..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back