Kraton How to fix broken mounting holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
My kraton 4s motor today stripped two of is mounting holes i used to mesh my 13t pinion i was pushed to use the mega adjustable motor mount that i was about to sell:/ because with the stock mount i was not able to find the right holes anymore. All of that because of the stupid blue locktite who failed to prevent the screws to back off by their own... no more blue locktite now red locktite. How can i fix the stripped motor mounting holes? If even possible. If no warranty it? Im affraid that the screws will still backoff and kill my pinion and expensive spur. What should i do?

How did you strip the holes? You can't rotate the motor and use a different set of holes? Using the Mega mount did the bolts go in tight did you feel like they were going in at a angle? On my BLX adjustable mount I had to file the slots a little bit for the bolts to go in right without forcing them in I could feel them rubbing on the slots when I was putting them in.

Last edited:
There’s four holes on the motor. Spin it 90 degrees. Problem solved.

How did you strip the holes? You can't rotate the motor and use a different set of holes? Using the Mega mount did the bolts go in tight did you feel like they were going in at a angle? On my BLX adjustable mount I had to file the slots a little bit for the bolts to go in right without forcing them in I could feel them rubbing on the slots when I was putting them in.
They got loosen while running and i nose landed not badly and it stripped both holes
There’s four holes on the motor. Spin it 90 degrees. Problem solved.
I did but always one of the stripped holes would be the one i need to put a screw on. The best i coul do was to rotage 90 degres clockwise and the wires were hiting the driveshaft so im now using the mega adjustable motor mount with redlocktite
There is 6 holes in mine

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back