How to improve handling/stability of Senton 3S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knxwledge

Reaction score
Just got the Senton 3S and the handling just feels all over the place and very twitchy.

It’s currently on DuraTrax SPEEDTREADS Speedhawk tires but don’t mind switching to something else. Should I go with 2.8 trenchers or mx28 badlands? what about shock oil weight?

Any tips on improving handling?

Just got the Senton 3S and the handling just feels all over the place and very twitchy.

It’s currently on DuraTrax SPEEDTREADS Speedhawk tires but don’t mind switching to something else. Should I go with 2.8 trenchers or mx28 badlands? what about shock oil weight?

Any tips on improving handling?
If you have an stx2 it’ll help to throw it away and get something else
Badlands would be ok

Are you using the stock radio? I'd change that first. That will help a lot.
Many use the Granite tires on their Senton. You might have to trim the body!

Twitchy compared to what?
I like short course tires on short course trucks... Duratrax/Louise have some nice ones, or Trenchers for mixed road/dirt, Badlands for offroad, can't go wrong there.

If you have an stx2 it’ll help to throw it away and get something else
Badlands would be ok

Are you using the stock radio? I'd change that first. That will help a lot.
Many use the Granite tires on their Senton. You might have to trim the body!

I’m using a Flysky GT5

I like short course tires on short course trucks... Duratrax/Louise have some nice ones, or Trenchers for mixed road/dirt, Badlands for offroad, can't go wrong there.

This is my first off-road RC so I didn’t know what to expect. I had a Nitro HPI back in the day.

Which duratrax do you recommend? Just looking for more options. I don’t mind switching to 17mm if that’s the case

Nice to see someone promoting duratrax, decent tires that aren’t insanely overpriced like prolines.

Expect a learning curve :D
You steer as much with the throttle as with the wheel. A 2wd would be much worse on loose terrain.

Re: the duratrax tires, they're good for smaller tires, their 3.8 lineup balloons like crazy. Lockup, sixpack and punch look OK, not sure about 14mm hex, I know they have 12 and 17mm versions. The wheels are soft so make sure you keep your nuts toight or they might strip!

Disclaimer - I don't have a Senton and only had a 2wd short course, so I'll let the guys who have a 3s Senton recommend something.

I would agree to go with thicker shock oil. My Typhon 3s was very bouncy out of the box, partly because the oil was leaking, but changing to heavier oil (70/60w F/R) instead of the stock 40w made a night and day difference

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back