Outcast How To: initial sit up Outcast 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCSmith15

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I'm looking for a how to video for initial setup for the Outcast 6s.
I'm a new RC owner and this is my 1st high quality RC vehicle.
If anyone can help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it
Thanks!

I don't have a video but you have come to the right place for tech info. Here are a few things to do in near future with your outcast. Upgrade your servo mount, You can buy one or build it yourself like I and many others have. When your servo does go bad, Don't bother with warranty because it will happen over and over. Upgrade to a Savox or Hobby Star DS300T. Put orange tekno springs on all four corners and put 80wt shock oil in all shocks. Install a 16 Tooth pinion. (NOT A ARRMA GEAR). Check your tires after EVERY run, They tend to come unglued. No problem if you stay on top of it. Seal up the breather holes in wheels and drill two holes opposite of each other in tire itself. When drilling tires Don't use drill bit. Take a 1/8 hollow brass tubing , Cut it to 2 1/2 inches long and sharpen one end, Then drill the two holes. Rubber will get stuck in the tubing, Take a small drill bit and drill rubber out of brass tubing between each tire drill. Water does somehow get into receiver box, To prevent water damage to receiver, open box up and put Di-electric grease in all ports including ones being used. Rub the grease all over the receiver and be generous with the grease.

And then and then and then. We can play all day and never even go outside to run the car. My thoughts on initial set up, are go run it. The in your down time READ THIS FORUM. The outcast forum and the Kraton Forum. Same car, shorter chassis. There is more information here than you thought possible. Some of it may be unessesary, and some of it, is a MUST. Like the Servo mount and servo. You have to do those 2 things. I suggest Shimming the differentials, but others say it's not needed. And then and then and then and then. half the fun is fixing and upgrading.

I will say you need a set of good Hex drivers. MIP or DYNAMITE are both nice tools.

Sure he can do exactly what you say. But he asked a legit question and looking for advice. I wish someone would have told me these things before I had to learn for myself. I'm sure he's looking forward to filling his tires up with sand and water, or blowing his tires off the wheels and destroying them, also I'm sure he's stoked about destroying his reciever because he didn't water proof it. just trying to prevent him from some of the crap I and others had learn the hard way.

I answered a legit question with a legit answer.

I was just saying there are so many things we can do with these cars , there will always be an "AND THEN". All of these cars can run just fine right out of the box. So go run it and have fun. Then I said to read this site, there is more information here than he thought possible. I wasn't poking fun at your suggestions, rather just adding a bit of comic relief. I know I have changed more than I ever thought I could or would on my car, AND THEN there was something else, and then there was another thing, and then and then and then. However, I am using the stock receiver box and have never done anything to mine, and there is no sign of water getting in. Half of what many of us have done is not really needed, but we all did it. We all know once you go down the RC rabbit hole, it goes deeper than expected.

I do need to agree with @robl that I do not think we need to suggest swapping the pinion to a 16 tooth right out of the box. Certainly not when the stock one is so hard to get off.

I hear you, no foul. Just wish I read this forum before I ran it. My Kraton is my only Arrma that got water in the box and fried my receiver. Since then I water proof all my electronics. Recommend 16 because I find it performs best on it.

I hear you, no foul. Just wish I read this forum before I ran it. My Kraton is my only Arrma that got water in the box and fried my receiver. Since then I water proof all my electronics. Recommend 16 because I find it performs best on it.
16 tooth could cause overheating. plus do you really need more speed?

Y
16 tooth could cause overheating. plus do you really need more speed?
You are absolutely correct. My bad. I've got so many trucks (and I'm old) I took a look after you said that and you are correct, I'm running a 14 tooth pinion.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back