Kraton How to install motor fan (Yeah Racing)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should the fan face down or up.....as in blow air into fins or up towards body. since there is a sticker on one side that doesn't move I figured it was supposed to face up. mine sits blowing air into the cooling fins.

Actually me and an old friend made a thread on the Traxxas forums doing a comparo with a fan that blows towards the motor and flipping it so it blows away. You would be surprised at the results! It's actually extremely situational! Some motors really benefit from a fan that blows air away, others benefit from a fan that blows on them. It's cool. I'll elaborate if anyone actually cares.

Actually me and an old friend made a thread on the Traxxas forums doing a comparo with a fan that blows towards the motor and flipping it so it blows away. You would be surprised at the results! It's actually extremely situational! Some motors really benefit from a fan that blows air away, others benefit from a fan that blows on them. It's cool. I'll elaborate if anyone actually cares.
go ahead

Okay so if you drive your truck without taking a break to let it cool down during/between runs, it’s better to have the fan facing towards the motor to try and keep bringing cold air to it. If you’re someone who runs super hard, takes a few minute break for it to cool down, and then finishes, it’s better to have it face away, because it forces all that hot air away from the motor while you’re stopped. If you have a big aluminum heat sink, the difference will be less of a dramatic one, but if you use something like a CC blower, it’s super important you get it right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back