Big Rock How to install replacement/bind warranty replacement esc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddytrex

Reaction score
Hi all I cannot figure out how to bind/calibrate the replacement esc I received from horizon. I installed the esc and plugged everything in. I tried to bind the transmitter no luck. What am I doing wrong?

An ESC does not need to rebound. You would only need a re-bind if you got a new receiver. You do need to calibrate the throttle endpoints - and instructions to do so are in your manual.

Does the ESC turn on? Does the receiver turn on?

An ESC does not need to rebound. You would only need a re-bind if you got a new receiver. You do need to calibrate the throttle endpoints - and instructions to do so are in your manual.

Does the ESC turn on? Does the receiver turn on?
Both the esc and receiver turn on. The esc blinks once green when it turns on then blinks red continuesly. I get nothing from the transmitter though. It turns on but nothing else.

Do you have an SLT3? If so, the binding instructions are here. I'd do a factory reset first and then rebind. Don't forget to set servo travel / endpoints afterwards.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/on/dem...lt/dw83be92cc/Manuals/SPMSLT300-manual-en.pdf
Thank you, I will give it a try later today! BTW yes I have the slt3 on my big rock. I guess the LHS thinks it comes with the sr315 and are unaware that it comes with the SLR300. They think all arrma v3 models come with the sr315. I had to show them my truck because they think they know it all and have the worst customer service.

Do you have the ESC wire plugged into the receiver in the correct orientation? Polarity matters.

Yes, it almost impossible to plug it in backwards unless you try and jam it in. Also, I wouldn't get any power to the ESC.
No its a three prong connector that will absolutely go in backwards.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back