How to install Senton body mounts on a Typhon.

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon 6s
Hey everyone so I'm looking for a tutorial on how to add some senton body mounts on my typhon but I cant seem to find any tips or videos anywhere. Does anyone have any idea on what exactly I need to do to install them? The mounts came by themselves no screws or pins nothing, I just have the plastic pieces lol. Thanks in advance

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Senton, Typhon 6s
You would need the senton shock towers and the senton body posts plastic holder/frames.

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon 6s
On a side note, I really like the proline secure loc posts. They are smaller in diameter but all that is required is to cut a standard bic pen sheath as a perfect insert, and drill small pilot holes through the screw holes for mounting the posts 🤓

These are the the ones I used:

PROLINE 630500 Mounted (Ten-SCTE, SCTE 2.0) Extended Front and Rear Body

View attachment 44669 View attachment 44670 View attachment 44671 View attachment 44672
Hey I still haven't switched body posts lol. The ones you listed are easier to Mount that the sentons body posts? I can't find the screw size to hold on to the body mounts..

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
4x4-Mega, Kraton 6s, Outcast 6s, Typhon 6s
Assuming we are talking 6s cars here?

Yeah, the Senton body mount is not a direct bolt on, but it only need a little bit of work to make it fit. You need to test fir / trim/repeat to get the lip around the edge of the body mount trimmed to fit the Typhon towers, then (I think) drill a pair of hols in the shock tower to have some place to bolt it on. Thru-bolt, with a nut on the back side.

Here is my hybrid-LP-outcast, the tower is actually from a Talion. I didn't need to drill the Talion tower, as it had holes for it's body mounts.

20200429_090919.jpg

joostin420

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey I still haven't switched body posts lol. The ones you listed are easier to Mount that the sentons body posts? I can't find the screw size to hold on to the body mounts..
I can’t remember what I used but I believe I used m2 socket cap head screws. Drilled a small pilot hole through the posts when I found the right height.

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Typhon 6s
I can’t remember what I used but I believe I used m2 socket cap head screws. Drilled a small pilot hole through the posts when I found the right height.
Thanks I'll probably buy a bunch of screws of the typhon 6s anyways appreciate everyone's help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.