How to install Senton body mounts on a Typhon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey everyone so I'm looking for a tutorial on how to add some senton body mounts on my typhon but I cant seem to find any tips or videos anywhere. Does anyone have any idea on what exactly I need to do to install them? The mounts came by themselves no screws or pins nothing, I just have the plastic pieces lol. Thanks in advance

On a side note, I really like the proline secure loc posts. They are smaller in diameter but all that is required is to cut a standard bic pen sheath as a perfect insert, and drill small pilot holes through the screw holes for mounting the posts ?

These are the the ones I used:

PROLINE 630500 Mounted (Ten-SCTE, SCTE 2.0) Extended Front and Rear Body

DFEB0E4F-C2BB-40A1-94D8-11E11DBEAFAC.jpeg
15D99843-D9B0-44DF-A6E9-C26826E0835B.jpeg
5BA01568-D44B-483A-BC60-DDBCDED34A7F.jpeg
D34B90E8-7C80-42CC-AC9A-B0C5A46E05DE.jpeg

On a side note, I really like the proline secure loc posts. They are smaller in diameter but all that is required is to cut a standard bic pen sheath as a perfect insert, and drill small pilot holes through the screw holes for mounting the posts ?

View attachment 44669View attachment 44670View attachment 44671View attachment 44672
Hey I still haven't switched body posts lol. The ones you listed are easier to Mount that the sentons body posts? I can't find the screw size to hold on to the body mounts..

Assuming we are talking 6s cars here?

Yeah, the Senton body mount is not a direct bolt on, but it only need a little bit of work to make it fit. You need to test fir / trim/repeat to get the lip around the edge of the body mount trimmed to fit the Typhon towers, then (I think) drill a pair of hols in the shock tower to have some place to bolt it on. Thru-bolt, with a nut on the back side.

Here is my hybrid-LP-outcast, the tower is actually from a Talion. I didn't need to drill the Talion tower, as it had holes for it's body mounts.

20200429_090919.jpg

Hey I still haven't switched body posts lol. The ones you listed are easier to Mount that the sentons body posts? I can't find the screw size to hold on to the body mounts..
I can’t remember what I used but I believe I used m2 socket cap head screws. Drilled a small pilot hole through the posts when I found the right height.

I can’t remember what I used but I believe I used m2 socket cap head screws. Drilled a small pilot hole through the posts when I found the right height.
Thanks I'll probably buy a bunch of screws of the typhon 6s anyways appreciate everyone's help.

View attachment 44669View attachment 44670View attachment 44671View attachment 44672
what towers are those? they look sweet

Assuming we are talking 6s cars here?

Yeah, the Senton body mount is not a direct bolt on, but it only need a little bit of work to make it fit. You need to test fir / trim/repeat to get the lip around the edge of the body mount trimmed to fit the Typhon towers, then (I think) drill a pair of hols in the shock tower to have some place to bolt it on. Thru-bolt, with a nut on the back side.

Here is my hybrid-LP-outcast, the tower is actually from a Talion. I didn't need to drill the Talion tower, as it had holes for it's body mounts.

View attachment 77906
I know this is an old thread but I hope you get this! Did you take pictures of the rear? Could u post if you did please cos I’m doing the exact same right now and I was told by the model shop they were a direct fit! 🤦‍♂️

I know this is an old thread but I hope you get this! Did you take pictures of the rear? Could u post if you did please cos I’m doing the exact same right now and I was told by the model shop they were a direct fit! 🤦‍♂️
Figure it out?

Back