How to install the Arrma 25T servo saver on a 25T Savox servo without having to force it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bukshypro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Typhon TLR
  3. Vorteks
The Arrma 25T servo saver didnt want to go onto the 25T servo. That servo was broken anyway and I am afraid its gonna be same story once the new servo arrives. Even the 23T Arrma servo saver cant go straight into the stock S651 servo and it bugs me.

I don't want to use force to push it onto the servo, but I think it just wont go which is enfuriating to say the least since I paid £8+£6 to get the servo saver with express delivery and its 25T servo saver for a 25T servo 🤷‍♂️

What servo saver you people use to install new, 25T servos in your cars? Or how do you fix this, how do you install it?

Unless the splines are torqued, the servo saver should fit without much force. If there’s any threadlocker reside make sure it’s cleaned off first. Dumb question but are you absolutely sure it’s 25T?

Unless the splines are torqued, the servo saver should fit without much force. If there’s any threadlocker reside make sure it’s cleaned off first. Dumb question but are you absolutely sure it’s 25T?
I will find my old post and show you pics. Arrma 25T servo saver === Arrma 23T servo saver in my case.

Brb
Haha, Similar threads helped me quickly

See pics when comparing Savox 25T arms with 23T (from stock S651 servo) vs brand new Arrma 25T servo saver

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/careful-with-the-arrma-25t-servo-saver-its-probably-a-23t.57527/

I checked out your pics but the 23T does look like it has slightly wider spacing between the teeth. Just count the amount of teeth and they should add up to 23T and 25T.

Not sure why your servo saver is having a hard time unless some of the teeth are damaged. Its a tight squeeze but if the "T" match it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Believe it or not you can smash the 23T servo saver on to a 25T metal gear servo (I have done it). Takes some careful effort but now my 23T has essentially "re-molded" into a 25T. :cool:

Last edited:
I checked out your pics but the 23T does look like it has slightly wider spacing between the teeth. Just count the amount of teeth and they should add up to 23T and 25T.

Not sure why your servo saver is having a hard time unless some of the teeth are damaged. Its a tight squeeze but if the "T" match it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Believe it or not you can smash the 23T servo saver on to a 25T servo (I have done it). Takes some careful effort but now my 23T has essentially "re-molded" into a 25T. :cool:
I put the not fitting 25T onto the 25T servo, but ideally I wouldnt want to go that way.

I remember I read somewhere that you can just slowly screw the servo saver onto the servo so I wouldnt be pushing the servo. Cuz pushing the servo is dangerous isnt it?

I slowly screw the servo horn onto the servo and haven't run into any issues.
I'm just getting back into the hobby so this might be a dumb question, but do people still run servo savers?

I just upgraded the servo in my Outcast and went w/ a metal servo horn (no servo saver).

Oh yea, all my 3S rigs have them. Bought one used with a fixed servo horn and promptly removed it for a servo saver. Saves servos and steering links/component.

I can confirm that people do still run servo savers. My Stampede has one, but being as it's a direct link from servo to bearing carriers, it's kind of a necessity.

I can confirm that people do still run servo savers. My Stampede has one, but being as it's a direct link from servo to bearing carriers, it's kind of a necessity.
This!

Arrma 3S line is direct link to the servo as well, the 6S and 8S lines have the servo savers built into the steering rack so one is not needed directly at the servo.

It'll go, those plastic servo savers are just poorly made, the "splines" in there aren't even close to having clean lines so they never feel like they line up right.. if you put the saver in one of your palms, and the servo in your other, and press together like a silverback gorilla, It'll go, or just use the screw..

I just had the same issue replacing a servo in my granite. 25T servo and 25T servo saver. It wouldn’t f’ing budge.

So I did the logical thing - I put it in a clamp and forced it on. Runs great 👍🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back