How to investigate No throttle response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitbag

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I have a BLX80 esc. My esc does not beep when switched on. My steering works, but not throttle. The problem is not the controller.

How do I find out if the problem is with the esc, the receiver or the motor?

Swap steering and throttle channels with the motor disconnected. Try operating the throttle on the controller and see if the servo works. If the servo works, the issue is not in the radio system. If it doesn't work, it's in the radio system.

Turn the esc off, remove the tires (or support the vehicle) and reconnect the motor. Operate the steering and check for motor response. If you have a multimeter you could check the motor leads for voltage. If no voltage is present, the esc is the culprit and probably needs to be repaired or replaced.

If there is voltage above a few volts, I'd replace the motor.

Thanks. I’d tried the servo switch so knew the controller was ok, but I then hit my knowledge limit!

I removed the covering from two of the three connectors between the motor and the esc. I attached one probe on the multi-meter to one motor connector and the other to another connector. There was no voltage, so I take it the esc is broken.

So if I need a new esc I find that the BLX80 is discontinued. Should I buy a BLX85 as a replacement, or another brand. The BLX80 said it was 80A continuous rated and the BLX85 states that it is 60A rated. Have I got that wrong?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back