Outcast How to keep upper hinge pin in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

htimsda

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
My son and I both have outcasts (plus a spare) and the left front upper hinge pin on our trucks keeps backing themselves out and we lose the little spacers. It's getting really old. I really wish there was a nut on the end instead of just screwing into plastic! Any ideas on how to keep them from backing out?

Something is binding between the arm and the pin. Take it all apart, and make sure the pin moves free in the arm. If not, polish the pin, and ream the arm. To polish the pin, I will chuck it in a drill, and spin it against some steel wool or some 600-1000g sandpaper. Once you have reamed the hole ,and polished the pin, reassemble, and check that it falls free. Last - check the clips, and make sure they are not binding. In theory, you need 4mm of clips - the stock is 1x2mm and 2x1mm. I use the Mugen clips, which come in 0.1mm thickness from 0.6 up to about 1.5. I shoot for a total stack of about 3.5-3.7mm to keep it from binding.

Once all the binding is gone, the pin should not unscrew.

My son and I both have outcasts (plus a spare) and the left front upper hinge pin on our trucks keeps backing themselves out and we lose the little spacers. It's getting really old. I really wish there was a nut on the end instead of just screwing into plastic! Any ideas on how to keep them from backing out?

I found that when i upgraded to RPM arms they were tight on the pin. I just cleaned the arm hole up with a drill bit till it was free.... Also clean / straighten any pins. The only other issue is if you've fecked the thread also....

U van use the long traxxas hinge pin with the Phillips head and about a 1/4 in of threads they do work I Frankenstein my trucks I just did a big rock eyelet and cup install on my outcast yesterday and I think I solved the eyelet blowouts us bashers have

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back