Kraton How to know what i broke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tutur74170

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey! I need help!
I accelerated and a weird metallic sound came out from my kraton, i stopped running it immediately after hearing it.
How to know what i broke? I think it's a diff but how to know if it's the front the back or the center? Do i need to disassemble all of them?

Hey! I need help!
I accelerated and a weird metallic sound came out from my kraton, i stopped running it immediately after hearing it.
How to know what i broke? I think it's a diff but how to know if it's the front the back or the center? Do i need to disassemble all of them?
Was is a loud snapping or cracking noise when you press the throttle?

Turn it back on, on a bench with the wheels off the ground and give it some throttle. Listen for the sound of madness.
I’m expecting to hear some “Crazy Train”

It was more of a cracking noise
It's your ring gear skipping in one of your diffs, you need to shim the gear side of the difs with 2 shims and put one shim behind the input geaar. What is happening is the ring gear is skipping teeth on the input gear, Arrma didn't make the teeth big enough so they don't engage proper and skip. It's an easy fix with shims(there is plenty of threads on how to shim them and what to buy), you might have to buy a new gear set though because you probably chipped some teeth when they skipped. Take it out again and try to recreate the noise so you can find out if its the front or rear dif but you should shim both anyways.

It's your ring gear skipping in one of your diffs, you need to shim the gear side of the difs with 2 shims and put one shim behind the input geaar. What is happening is the ring gear is skipping teeth on the input gear, Arrma didn't make the teeth big enough so they don't engage proper and skip. It's an easy fix with shims(there is plenty of threads on how to shim them and what to buy), you might have to buy a new gear set though because you probably chipped some teeth when they skipped. Take it out again and try to recreate the noise so you can find out if its the front or rear dif but you should shim both anyways.
I found out what i broke! I broke 1 teeth of my pinion. Before playing with it i tried to get the motor of the chassis to change the pinion but i ended up staying with the same pinion and mounting the motor back. Maybe i mounted the pinion too close from the center diff? Is it possibke? if so how can i know the good distance between the pinion and the center diff?

I found out what i broke! I broke 1 teeth of my pinion. Before playing with it i tried to get the motor of the chassis to change the pinion but i ended up staying with the same pinion and mounting the motor back. Maybe i mounted the pinion too close from the center diff? Is it possibke? if so how can i know the good distance between the pinion and the center diff?
There are plenty of youtubes vids for meshing gears, but the distance is about the thickness of one sheet of paper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back