Notorious How to make beautiful Standing Back Flip.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Voltage
Hello guys,
This is Kim from Korea.
I love ARRMA Notorious. Especially backflipping Notorious is beautiful.
Let me introduce my experience of control how to standing back flip as below time table.

time table
time table.jpg

(5th step)
I think you already know 1~4th step.
Important moment is 5th step braking.
I would like to recommend you the way “A”. It doesn’t damage to diff more than “B”.

KakaoTalk_20200915_075329169_03.jpg

(The moment of “5step”.)

Even if the front wheels land earlier than rear wheels you have to stop your car.
If not, rotating wheels hit the ground and it make the diff get damage.
(Especially spiral ring gear)
If you change your gear box to metal, you can run it without worry in this case.
KakaoTalk_20200915_083850286.jpg

(6th step)
If you brake too late and it’s 100% braking, your car will do a forward roll. If the brake is less than 50% at the time, normal landing is possible.

(7th step)
You can stop on the 6th step. If you release the throttle to zero, it will be a natural finish and doesn't damage the diff.

If this writing was helpful, I would like to talk how to set up for the nice standing backflip next time.

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Nice, explanation. Is this with default esc settings, default remote and on 6S?
I experienced that different settings and/or different
Esc punch 9, pinion 13t, center diff oil 1million and futaba 4pm normal setting condition. This was just explanation how to control for remote control. I understand what you are saying. I have tested many of setting for back flip. I have found out best setting for back flip. Most easy way, most cheap way, best performance way. I would like to describe next time. For that test, I broke 2 ring gears, 4 diff pins, 6 diff cups. I am looking for how to make most strong diff for back flip. I am almost there.

Esc punch 9, pinion 13t, center diff oil 1million and futaba 4pm normal setting condition. This was just explanation how to control for remote control. I understand what you are saying. I have tested many of setting for back flip. I have found out best setting for back flip. Most easy way, most cheap way, best performance way. I would like to describe next time. For that test, I broke 2 ring gears, 4 diff pins, 6 diff cups. I am looking for how to make most strong diff for back flip. I am almost there.

Thanks for the info. It's alway nice if someone takes the effort to test and explain such things!!

Keep up the good work!

These tyres on the rear will assist in completing the backflip.

2932BB1E-DF3E-417E-B340-BAB42180B7A4.jpeg

These tyres on the rear will assist in completing the backflip.
Yes, light. Bigger tires help back flip.
Thanks you for your response.
I have tested with bigger tire, each pinion teeth,,, many kind of condition for best back flip. I will describe formula of best back flip.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back