Senton How to make senton 4x4 faster!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a brand new senton 4x4 mega 550, I want to know how to make it faster and drive longer,,,,, any help would be great

Welcome to the forum! Unfortunately you should have spent the little bit more for the BLX brushless rig. As now it's going to cost even more to buy a brushless ESC and motor to make it go faster and drive longer as your looking for. So pretty much you will need a 3s brushless ESC and motor as well as a few other parts to do a brushless conversion to get what your looking for.

I just purchased a brand new senton 4x4 mega 550, I want to know how to make it faster and drive longer,,,,, any help would be great
The guys above gave answers for faster.... here is an idea for a longer experience. I do believe your rig came with nickel batteries.

Try lipo batteries - I do believe your rig handles 2S Lipo batteries..... try for 5000 mah ( measures how much battery storage capacity it has....) or higher..... and a "C" rating of 50 or more.... just a suggestion

Look on the Arrma website, it has dimensions of your battery compartment. You would like to try to stay within the confines of those dimensions, but that should not be an issue. A 6000 mah battery will last longer than a 4000..... a C rating of 50 will have more ZIP or acceleration than a 25, etc.

Sadly, for about $90 more, you would have the BLX.

Just a thought....... do you have a young one who may appreciate the Mega, and you get a BLX for you? Maybe thats not in the cards, but its just a thought.

Ok so I got 2 550 sentons, after going thru 5 motors I put a traxxis 3500 brushless and esc (($189.00) then after going thru spur gears and pinion I went hardened pinion and metal spur gear. Then upgraded 3s battery and lastly went with proline tires and a better servo after mine burnt out and a cheaper body since I broke the arrma senton body . All in all I’m probably close to 800 plus after batteries etc. for a 200.00 truck but now it’s solid and hauls butt. I should have spent the extra 120 bucks for the 3s truck lol. The other truck my kid drives and I’m about to sell it and go 3s senton instead of rebuilding it. I will say I have learned a ron and the guys at my local hobby shop have been awesome about helping me learn

9223FBBB-2A32-4C22-8D41-14BCE8A3B4F7.jpeg

Oh yeh forgot I went with better a arms also

I hear you Rc,,,,, I should have gotten the 3s senton but this is my first rc vehicle, so I’m just gonna upgrade the battery and motor with each,,, and just rip it!!!!!! I’ve got my eye on the Mojave…..😁

Yeh I figured I would go cheap incase my kids and I didn’t get to into the hobby. Boy I was wrong lol. My next build is the Mojave exb also. Just saving my pennies lol

Hey Rc,,,,what tires are those on your senton,,, are they bigger than the original tires that it came with,,,,, I would like to put a bit larger tire on my senton,,,

Yeh I figured I would go cheap incase my kids and I didn’t get to into the hobby. Boy I was wrong lol. My next build is the Mojave exb also. Just saving my pennies lol
These are the proline badlands with the wider hex. They are a tiny bit wider than stock. I really dig how they handle.

B6081E9F-F67F-4074-BE63-8CA16D8D2D96.jpeg

These are the proline badlands with the wider hex. They are a tiny bit taller and makes it wider than stock. I really dig how they handle.

B6081E9F-F67F-4074-BE63-8CA16D8D2D96.jpeg

Damn i would of loved to have thrown 400 bones into my 3s blx right out the gate at the LHS.. For 800 you could of had 2 blx's with spektrum batteries and a charger!! Plus all that time wrenching could of been some killer mods!!😵

That’s why I’ve got my eye on the Mojave,,,, just plan to get a little more power out of my Senton,,,, then hopefully by Christmas,,,,, Mojave under my tree!!!!!!

I hear you Rc,,,,, I should have gotten the 3s senton but this is my first rc vehicle, so I’m just gonna upgrade the battery and motor with each,,, and just rip it!!!!!! I’ve got my eye on the Mojave…..😁
I highly recommend the Mojave……

110%
You will like it…..A LOT

Hey guys,,,, what about body kits,,,,, are there different body kits available or do I look for a certain size,,,, for the Senton?

Hey guys,,,, what about body kits,,,,, are there different body kits available or do I look for a certain size,,,, for the Senton?
I ordered this to get me by till I can get another se ton body. the holes didn’t line up on the front so I had to cut those a bit, it’s pretty flimsy compared to stock but is holding up decent. I did notice this body made the truck handle better in the air.

285EDD53-1BAF-41B2-AD65-9CA924EB7435.png

Hey guys,,, I need some help, so I go outside with my senton truck, it was running great for about 5 minutes and then it just quit,,,, it will move forward or reverse but the steering is responsive,,,, what can I do I’ve only had it a little over a week, any help will be great 😢
Correction,,,, it will not move forward or reverse!

Back