Senton How to make senton 4x4 faster!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaxx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a brand new senton 4x4 mega 550, I want to know how to make it faster and drive longer,,,,, any help would be great

It’s a nickel battery, it’s not the brushless edition

If it is the Mega brushed version the motor is probably dead. Those brushed motors don't last long. That's why everyone goes brushless.

Well, I called the hobby shop where I purchased it and the guy said it was more than likely the esc that is bad,,, so know I’m trying get some one to help me with Horizon hobby since I’ve only had it for about 2 weeks,,,, maybe I can get it replaced….. oh well

Im at work.. don't give up its fixable and prolly something simple.. Your battery have a fresh charge!? Look for the little toggle button on the esc.. It can run nimh or lipos.. Make sure its on the right setting for the battery you have
Pull out your tech packs and read them.. Trying rebinding the transmitter to the receiver. Im not sure if you can recalibrate the esc or not since its a mega

Check the esc fan…. if it have grass in it it will stop and your esc will overheat and go thermal shut down. If it dies…I just replaced mine with this..https://www.amazon.com/Yeah-Racing-Tornado-Bearing-YA-0201/dp/B00TDG2A14

it is a far better fan than stock.
For the blx version. For the mega go out and get a fan for the esc……they overheat pretty fast Especially on 2s.

Thanks guys y’all are great,,,, I’ll check all things you guys advise on……

Thanks guys y’all are great,,,, I’ll check all things you guys advise on……
Coming from me who has replaced about 7 brushed motors before going brushless and I still have one truck brushed , I’m gonna say it’s a motor issue. I was convinced it too was a esc problem so I got one online then decided to check with my LHS. They tested the motor found it bad. I now have a spare esc in a box though. I would go with a motor before esc.

Thanks Rc,,,, yeah I think it’s the motor,,,, but I think I’m just gonna bite the bullet and go ahead and get the spektrum brushless set up,,,, and just be done with it!!!!!! I miss driving my truck 🛻

Those brushed motor need to be sprayed out with electric motor cleaner every 5-10 packs. Then add 1 drop of lubricant to each end. Much easier to go brushless. Even a modest setup would be better.

All right guys …. I’m back!!!! Getting ready to install my brand new 3s motor and esc….. Hopefully all goes well

F1B3660D-C601-457A-BC31-169E49879587.jpeg

I was going to get the 100 amp,,, but I figured this is good for now,,,, saving my money for the Mojave,,,, I should have it by my birthday in November,,, probably give the senton to my son,,,,,

Thanks Prime,,, I’ll double check that, I’ll take it back if I have to but I clearly ask the guy a my LHS that I wanted a 3s set up,,,

You’re overpaying for the Spectum brand too. You could get a MAX8/2200 combo for probably the same price. a little more.

I was going to get the 100 amp,,, but I figured this is good for now,,,, saving my money for the Mojave,,,, I should have it by my birthday in November,,, probably give the senton to my son,,,,,
You do realize that the mojave isnt faster, Weighs 3 times the 3s, Cost twice as much too fix.. And if u line the 2 up.. Out the box the 3s will out perform it everytime IMO.. But the 6s senton is a different story maybe!!

I hear you Rc,,,,, I should have gotten the 3s senton but this is my first rc vehicle, so I’m just gonna upgrade the battery and motor with each,,, and just rip it!!!!!! I’ve got my eye on the Mojave…..😁
As others stated, if you haven't switched to a LiPo, at least do that first. It may curb your speed Appetite until the funds exist to upgrade the motor and esc. There are a metric crap ton of us that walked this exact same path, and ALL of us I believe wish we would have just spent the 90 bucks up front LOL

Well guys,,,,, I’ve got my new esc and Motor on my Senton,,, I installed it last night I’m gonna try to post some pics and hopefully a videos, unfortunately I was not able to swap the 85 amp esc for the 100 amp,,, the guy at hobby shop wouldn’t let me , but my truck is running and that’s what I wanted!!!!!😁

Back